Chapter 24: Third Time's the Charm

You were on the edge for reasons that tormented your mind. Being a few days since Jaeun managed to convince you to speak to the father of your child, even after messaging him after that brutal night of mind-trickery, you couldn't find yourself to come right out and ask. Days of just trying and failing sparked for you.

How am I supposed to ask the one man that hurt me so bad, about his true feelings for me?

You frankly weren't aware if you wanted to know the answer all together. Sure, it would be the more mature approach to deal with their situation, but you were scared. You feared what he could possibly say.

This fear, this built anticipation, caused you to grow red every time you were around him. You couldn't even stay back to spend time with Yeri playing with Hoseok for more than five minutes without having the idol grow confused towards your distanced behaviour.

Normally, when you distanced yourself from him, it would be because of anger or hatred towards all that he had done. But even he knew that the way you had been acting the past few days was nothing like your norm.

Fail 1 for the day:

Now, standing here in the middle of the arcade he had scheduled off once again, you could feel his confused eyes at the side of your face.

Jumping when the loud bang from the basketball being thrown into the cage-like game strung free, you snapped over to stare at Yeri who was giggling and trying his hardest to get the best amount of points he possibly could. Swallowing hard, you then moved your gaze towards Hoseok who held concerned eyes.

"You alright? You've been acting weird lately..."

"Y-Yeah," you said, forcing a smile on to your face when he looked at you past his sunglasses he had on in doors, "Just nervous for the M/V to drop...don't know the reactions y'know."

Hoseok smiled a little, nodding. "I'm sure none will have reactions like mine while witnessing it," he chuckled jokingly and you wanted to scream out loud but kept it bottled as you smiled forcefully.

"You were jealous."

"Hm," he casually let out and you wanted to scream louder.

"What exactly does that mean?" you asked, seeing as he was no longer paying attention to you and shooting around with Yeri now.

"What exactly does what mean?"

"...you being jealous..." you trailed off.

His brows furrowed, "I—"

"Let's go play air hockey!" you chimed panicked before dragging Yeri from his point he was about to make.

-

Fail 2 for the day:

You watched him say bye to Yeri. It was so sweet and natural at this point in life, father and son grown closer than ever. You didn't want to fully admit it, but there was a part of you that was glad that Yeri found out about Hoseok...this entire experience had been refreshing.

"Try to convince your Mom to let you stay over at the dorm," Hoseok whispered to Yeri but you heard it.

"Trying to be slick, huh?" you chuckled, rolling your eyes when Yeri nodded at Hoseok who winked and tried to act like that didn't just happen.

"Slick over what?" he asked innocently and you sighed, rolling your eyes.

"No need for convincing...he can stay over," you finished and both Yeri and Hoseok lightened up. Hoseok was slightly confused over you allowing that, while Yeri was oblivious to all tensions as he started to jump up and down in excitement.