Chapter 29: I'll Always Protect You and Yeri

Hoseok sat, cheek slightly scratched and back numb from the clawing as he failed to have his posture rest against the back of the chair. Swiping his bum to help cushion his dying pain from simply being seated, he tried not to remember how he got in this injured state to begin with. I can't believe just a walk from a car to revolving doors would be this much of a disaster.

Snapping out of his thoughts the moment he heard a soft voice from beside him, he almost flinched away from the man's touch when trying to reassure him. It was Jin, he said, "I'm sure management knows what to do," he sighed before looking over and waiting for BangPD and the rest of the crew to join his office.

The atmosphere felt like visiting the principal's office after doing something terribly bad. Even though he hadn't because he loved every minute of his time with you last night, he still couldn't believe that the band members around him were now as well facing the consequences of his decisions. I involuntarily am responsible for this...

Hoseok nodded at Jin slowly, only to go ahead and slowly stare at the other boys who were just as worried as Jin, all gawking and smiling gently in his direction.

All kept saying it was going to be okay, but why did it feel like the end of the world so thoroughly if it was going to be okay? Why did this attention, this scandal, and this pain feel everlasting?

Hoseok began moving his knee. Up and down, up and down, he struggled to find peace within him even in the room he was safely in. His thoughts kept going to you and what conditions you were probably in. The whole morning he tried to call and yet you didn't pick up his calls, that on its own saddened his heart and made his brain go wild. He didn't know what you thought of this situation...what you thought of him still.

And now he was here, trying to relax himself when thinking of the only positive in this situation. Yeri being safe with a retired PD Nim and his family. No word had leaked out about the child, but knowing that reporters were trying to dig into your life, it was obvious that that stick would be dug out eventually as well. The press would find out about Yeri soon enough, and when they did, Hoseok knew the media and the fans would torment you on being a mother and sleeping with an idol.

Hoseok knew they would stay continuing to ruin you.

"Hobi-ah?"

Hoseok didn't hear that. Nor did he hear the bundled up group of people that walked in through the main doors of the office. He simply stayed in his thoughts, knees still shaking.

Jin had to snatch Hoseok away from his dazed expression as he touched Hoseok's shoulder. Having the man instantly jolt awake and present, he took a few breaths to uncover the situation before him. Hoseok studied each and every face before he met the eyes of BangPD.

Bowing his head a little, Hoseok peeked his eyes as a squint when staring back at the man. He tried to look for something in the man's face, disapproval, disappointment, anger? But he find nothing but a casual smile on his face that seemed to be forced when seating himself in front of the boys.

"There are reporters and fans sadly getting past our security," he said lightly, staring over at each band member, "Unfortunately, we've decided to call the police to help get at least some of the bodies that are trespassing our building grounds and trying to break in."

"I recommend that you all stay here for a few nights. It'll be safer this way, and I, along with the other crew in the building who are camping out, will have your backs," BangPD continued.

Hoseok watched as it got quiet. Looking over at everyone once again and then seeing his eyes to meet BangPD's, the anxious man pursed his lips before talking, "I uh," Hoseok swallowed, "I'm sorry the events of my night were caught. I didn't mean for any of my personal life to come in and affect the group so strongly."