Chapter 17: Before the Shoot

Previously ~

.

"Who are you?" the little boy questioned.

Hoseok knew he should say something smart to that sudden question. Maybe, think a little before spitting out an answer. But, Hoseok did none of that as he instantly found himself to speak, blurting out—like father, like son...

"I'm," Hoseok struggled, "I uh, I'm your A-Appa..."

.

"I want to meet Appa tomorrow...can you come Mommy?"

You smiled genuinely, squeezing the little one in your arms before pecking his temple again.

"Yes. I'll come baby," you sighed out, "We'll meet your father and maybe go out for ice cream before my shoot."

.

"So...this music video...?"

Jay nodded slowly, still grinning to himself. "Yeah, you willing to take on a role as a love interest?"

"Yes," you said, biting at your lower lip in slight nervousness, "But what exactly does this role entail."

"Uh, getting close to me," Jay said, eyes narrowing a bit over the fact that you were still oblivious over the role after so many staff already meeting you, "has no one told you about the M/V yet?"

You shook your head.

"It's an intimate song. I hope that doesn't make you uncomfortable."

Now ~

"I'm about to retire and now you're pitching me to manage your shoot here in Seoul?" PD Nim teased, walking along side you in the lobby of the Big Hit Building.

It was weird and unsettling at first as he had thought of your frame to be a complete stranger bombarding his space when you walked up to him and whispered. The fact that you were wearing big black sunglasses and a huge scarf around your hair didn't help the initial scare for the old man either.

"I'm pitching for you to make it up to me after you betrayed me oh-so-wrongly," you chimed, dramatic with your words as you glanced around the area. The last thing you wanted to was to bump into Bang PD as that grudge was still built and howling at your gut.

PD Nim sighed at that. "Fine, send me his number tomorrow, I've got some work to—"

"About that," you nervously shot out, stopping PD Nim at the elevator, "my shoot takes place in less than 10 hours."

"Y/N!"

"I'm sorry," you quickly squeaked out, not wanting to place this on the man so late. "I was too busy being stubborn these past days to ever think I'd actually come and speak with you again."

"I hurt you that bad?"

"It'll hurt less if you help me," you cutely piped, sheepish grin on your face when PD Nim smiled ever-so-slightly.

"Fine, I'll have it done."

You tried not to create a joyful scene in the middle of the hell-like building. Embracing the man, you quickly found your cool the moment your sunglasses were about to fly off your body.

"As a manager I'll have to attend the shoot," he said gently, smiling at you excited. After everything he did in Hoseok's favour the past few months, it was time he helped you out for a change—especially after how terrible it was for him to go behind your back. "Any limitations and objections to what they want you to do, come to me and I'll voice it for you."