Chapter 34: He Knows What He Wants

A/N: This may be one of the shortest chapter I've ever written. Using it as a nudge forward for the next chapter, I wanted to inform you that yes, the next chapter will be the final one. Working on that now, it will be posted, along with a short sneak peek for Namjoon's story "Perverted Hero". I hope you all read and enjoy the next two updates coming your way soon! I'm off to spend the next night in Quebec City ahaha, wish me luck - an 8 hour car ride, fuck my life.

-

The end of the month was nearing.

Hoseok fell back on a lot. He was on the news everywhere, along with pictures of you, Yeri, and surprisingly, the BTS members as well. Fans and media stayed making their theories after Hoseok's written message and video call, but Hoseok didn't care for any of the repercussions that hit him from management.

Sitting before them, it had been hard at first. They were silent, too silent.

"You tried to fix your irrational mistake with B-Free by doing another irrational mistake?" BangPD sighed out, fixated on this decision of Hoseok's to stress out BigHit and the ignited fire on them even more than ever before. Whether or not is was a good flame - that was still questionable.

Hoseok stood his ground, still fadly bruising from the fight. He smiled lightly.

"Sure, it was irrational and unplanned," Hoseok explained, "but it definitely wasn't a mistake. I'm done hiding my family."

"This is going to take a lot of time to shift and get used to," BangPD sighed, rubbing at his head of hair as he crouched over his desk. "It started off like a disaster but I can slowly feel the turn of a few fans that are thrilled over this news. Many are even begging to see more of Yeri."

Hoseok nodded. The response back was fairly bizarre. He had expected more hatred and animosity; but instead got a lot of support from other idols, fans, and mass media in return. "As long as the boys are with me on this, I'm happy."

"What about Y/N?"

Hoseok curled his lips inwardly, sealing them. "I'll be seeing her tonight. She's agreed to come out from hiding at PD Nim's place with Yeri so we can talk about this situation."

BangPD diverted the case on you. "Is she mad?" he asked softly, eyeing down Hoseok who shifted in his seat.

"She sounded tired of everything over the phone," Hoseok honestly responded, "...but there was a sense of relief in her voice, even though she hated the drastic video chat."

"And how are you coping with everything?" the man asked, eyes narrowed when sensing a more calm Hoseok.

The man nodded, smiling exhausted. It was clear he was getting more than enough sleep the past few days to the points where his eyes grew swollen from the over-sleep. Taking a slight break to prepare himself, relax, and grow tamed from all the mess that occurred earlier this month, it had taken him a while to realize that he needed this break. From you, to Kennah, to the night at the club...Hoseok had been living paranoid of everything. But he halted and took care of himself. He finally took care of himself.

"My last appointment with the counsellor you suggested was yesterday," the quiet man stated, "we talked about a lot, I shared a lot, and I rested."

"That's great." The boss was finally smiling more genuinely.

Hoseok registered it. "We both came to the conclusion that Kennah's death really took a toll on me and my decisions this past month. I've been paranoid and need to learn to let things take course instead of wanting to control every aspect in my life."

The man nodded, Hoseok licked his chapped lips as he nodded back.

"I know what I want now..." Hoseok trailed off with a soft smile, "I've always known but it took a nudge to figure it out."

"And what is that?"

Standing up from his seat, the man nervously bent to lightly wave at his shoes to fix. Chuckling lightly to himself, he questioned his heart, mind, and soul when speaking the next words out loud. Hoseok stared, lips slowly parting to speak...

"I wished to ask Y/N to marry me."

-

A/N: oOoooOo! Next and final chapter coming your way soon. Stay safe my beauties!