Chapter 16: Yeri Ran

A/N: This gif will make sense near the end of the chapter lmao.

-

"...he just," you struggled, nervous in your rambling as you found your form to be in such a daze, "he just went ahead and said it. He told Yeri who he was."

The man sitting in front of you seemed to have his brows furrow. There was a slight smile at his face as he composed his slouched back straighter on the couch he was sitting on. Throughout all your rambling, there was still so much he didn't understand.

"Who exactly is he to your son?" the man asked, grinning a little when seeing you visibly shiver at the memory.

"The father."

"Oh."

You couldn't acknowledge the man before you. Normally, you'd find yourself fangirling, or refraining from prancing onto him, but in this case, you were so involved in the memories from Yeri's birthday party a week back that you couldn't find your mind to adjust to the changes that had come before you now.

You were back in the hearts of Seoul. Body ready to be a part of such a life changing project, but mind simply not present as you sat across from one of your idol's in the AOMG building. Sat before you was the one and only B-Free, and yet you couldn't even speak business when your mind was muddled.

"That must've sucked," the man said, voice low as he stared you up and down.

You didn't notice the gazes, nor did you block the thoughts from your mind. All you kept going back to was the night, the very second, where the truth had tossed out and harshly.

The way Yeri had reacted to all of it still broke your heart today...

.

"I'm," Hoseok struggled, "I uh, I'm your A-Appa..."

Silence.

You found your chest to cave in, eyes soft, yet in such shock that the fact that you were just kissed was no longer the important fact in the room. Your mind and heart catered to seeing how the little boy's shock grew from previous shock to a whimpering face.

Before either you or Hoseok knew it, Yeri turned his tearful eyes away from both, sprinting away to the ends of the front door and running out in a blink of an eye.

"Yeri!" you yelled out, instantly shocked at such a reaction.

Worried, frightened, and hurting for your clearly upset son, you ran after the boy.

Seeing as Hoseok was just as frightened, the man was about to follow you out, but you had to stop him. Barely stable yourself, you held your hand out, eyes staring directly in the idol's painful gaze.

"I-I'll handle this... you just, give him some time," you said lightly, forcing your tongue to bite back any rude reactions that might spill from you in such a heated moment.

Thankfully, you ran out, wanting to catch up to Yeri—
you did this all without Hoseok following you.

Thankfully.

.

"Thankfully I caught up to him before he headed out too far," you mumbled out, sighing before staring away from the coffee that was before you and over at the man you were treating like your therapist on accident.

Seeing as he was grinning, your eyes widened at what you were doing. Unaware for a moment, you forgot the man was even there to begin with. Here you were trying to get a conversation flowing on questions regarding the work you were about to do here, but clearly that wasn't going to be the end result for this visit just yet.