Chapter 25: Maturity Can Wait

A/N: 18+ babes. I warning message from ravs lol. If any of this doesn't add up it's because i'm sleep deprived so just go with it ;)

-

"I want you be completely honest when I ask you..."

"Ask me what?" he whispered. Hoseok knew exactly what was about to happen and he wasn't ready. Terrified and feeling incredibly sick, the sweating evolved on his body.

"Do you still have feelings for me?" you blurted, letting what was on your chest blurts out completely; out in the open, vulnerable, and eyes stinging from fright.

You waited for him to honestly answer.

Hands tangled with one another, you didn't look at any thing else but him. Too scared that you would lose sense of an expression, or even a blink of an eye in this moment from the man if you turned your attention away, you focused. But he didn't move...

Hoseok was frozen.

"...Be honest with me," you whispered so soft.

Hoseok finally moved. Standing up from the bed, he glanced at his feet before staring back up at you. 'Yes' he wanted to say, 'Yes, I fucking love you' he wanted to say. But he didn't. He just stood there with the stupidest expression on his face as he tried to teach himself how to speak all over again. He was voiceless and characterless in that moment—having himself in a state of being completely dumbfounded.

"Do I have to answer?" he whispered out and there was a switch in your gaze that made his heart fall. Just by saying that it was clear to the both of them what his answer was...

"You do?" you asked painfully, not knowing how to swallow such a feeling.

"I never said—" he cut himself off, seeing as your brows furrowed. "I don't."

"You don't?"

"N-No, I—"

Hoseok's jaw clenched hard. Face scrunching, he stared over at the door behind you as he wished to run out. But he couldn't. His feet were plastered to the ground so tight that he believed to be nailed to the tiles.

"Yes or no idol," you said softly, blinking back confused tears as you tried to get a clear answer out of the man, "This isn't a matter to be towed around with. I mean...we aren't 18 anymore."

Hoseok felt his eyes sting. Poking his tongue at his cheek that sucked in for breath, he took a moment to collect himself and not burst out crying completely. This was hard, harder than he'd ever imagine. Wanting to bury such feelings forever to hide any stresses directed towards you, put in this predicament however, Hoseok didn't know if he could continue lying any longer.

"I..."

He chewed on his bottom lip hard. It was a surprise the skin didn't rip open to bleed.

"I uh," he was crying, "I do h-have...I have feelings for you."

You watched as a few tears fell from his eyes.

Hoseok's bottom lip trembled a little as he tried to take in a long breath of air. Having it wheeze as it entered his mouth, he chuckled nervously when he spotted you blink back tears that were failing at hiding. He caught your arms hug at your form as you nodded so quick and unstably. He simply pursed his lips at the sight, trying to hold his eyes from reddening.

"Are we talking crush status or something that's going to make me cry and run outta here?"

Hoseok crossed his arms over his chest as well, not knowing what to do with his hands in this situation as he gritted his teeth and tried to sort out why his eyes kept leaking in nervousness.