Chapter 35: The Finale

A/N: The last chapter. Ahh, this feels insane to finish since so much happened in my life while writing this fanfic. It saddens me but also makes me insanely happy. I hope you like all of what this ending offers and cry along with me aha. I love and thank you all for the constant support. Thank you for reading my idiocy. <3 I'm going to nap before I go to the car for my trip. Take care my beauties!

-

"I feel like once I'm done talking to him, I've got to have a sit down with other men that got dragged in the month prior as well."

"Mhm," Kevin hummed through the screen.

You were seated next to your child. Both beautiful and ready for tonight.

"I don't think I can do this," you softly piped, glancing around and waiting for the one man you were anxious to see finally arrive. The man that fathered your child, and the one who constantly carried to stress you out...

"Yes, you can."

"I screwed up a lot."

"Well, so did he. Everyone in that screwed and confusing situation was to blame."

You nodded slowly but you couldn't help but shudder at the memories behind you. The things did, said, and ordered out subconsciously by all parties involved was a disaster.

A disaster you had to revisit tonight with the man arriving, and again with Kevin on the phone later.

"He's got a point," a new male voice softly whispered, sneaking up from behind Yeri and you who were seated.

Yeri gleamed at the sight of the man.

You swallowed hard as you accidentally moved your thumb over to end the call with the soft Kevin on the other end. Eyes gawking at none other than the man that actually showed up to your pity-party located at this table reserved, you sighed before looking over at the man before you.

You needed your time to explain.

And you were willing to hear him out as he explained.

This was your time before you left with Yeri for a long while. Away from him, away from Bangtan, and away from all the drama that was casted on you since the business trip you had taken a month ago.

After this meeting with the smiling man before you, you had serious farewells to make, and mistakes to fix.

You'd be leaving after you explained yourself.

His fingers went up to your chin before grazing his thumb worriedly onto your cheek. He wanted to kiss you and you could tell from his eyes, bitten lips, and alluring smile. But he didn't. He resisted as he glanced to your eyes that softly stared at his stance.

"Hello!" Yeri chimed, almost jumping on his chair as he smiled when looking between the two adults before him.

"Hi," you said gently as well.

The man nodded, glancing at Yeri before staying back on you. Shuffling the tops of your child's head, he alarmed you in a moment with a tilt of his head as his lips pressed against yours in greeting. Hands moving awkwardly to meet his cheeks as you kissed him back, you pulled your mouth away from his wanting lips as you slightly smiled and shook your head.

"I uh, I need to talk to you about everything that happened. Just talk."

"Just talk?" he asked lowly, seeing his eyes move sadly down to your lips.

Your lip was cut open and bruised underneath the makeup that failed to hide it.

You couldn't tell if his sadness was from the stopping of his kiss, or if it was because of the beatings that marked your flesh.