Chapter 26: A Little Jump to the End

A/N: I need to explain my absence and I will. I'm sorry if I stressed any of you out. Please do enjoy this long overdue chapter. As always, haven't edited, but it's a weird chapter since it's a slight time jump at the second half of the chapter. The first half is regarding Y/N's past. Enjoy reading!

-

PAST

A chase.

That's all this life, your life entailed when you were 18.

You remember not being able to breathe while running the same streets every night, only to now, feel like nothing else but energy pulse through your veins as you jumped up and over each obstacle that was thrown your way.

A fight for food was the number one priority and you took it. You took it to heart and soul as you fought against anyone and anything that got in the ways of you reaching your baby. Your newly delivered baby waited. Waited for food. And as a homeless mother you were ready to do anything it took to get there as quick as you could.

You remember not being able to breathe.

Feet caught up to you, followed by the grin of the tanned boy who meant the world to you out in this chase. Catching a glimpse of him and his lips telling you to run faster with a chuckle, you did. You ran, laughing before flipping off the herd of others who stole one too many times from you and your turf.

You remember breathing.

Back in the part of the city you were able to slowly build for yourself and your child, you wrapped him in your arms and fed him.

He threw his hands around, playing a bit with the food and you didn't stop him. Although you struggled, bled, and ached for that food, seeing him smile and toss his chubby fingers through them was enough to have your growling stomach filled.

You smiled as he ate. Yeri ate, tinier than a bee he was, yet healthy as you fed and stole anything you could for him.

"Eat," you ordered to your friend. Your friend that always smiled and made you smile.

The one that fed you, Kevin made sure you ate and stayed healthier than ever.

Biting into the bread he pushed to your lips, you snorted a little against the wheat before slowly taking the bread fully between your cheeks. Enjoying every bite within the walls of the small complex you had built for yourself, you smiled at the way your son's eyes gleamed up at you.

"Soon I'll have both of you eating glorious foods in a big big house," you sang out, tickling your son who sank his head into your chest.

"Sure you will," Kevin snorted, rolling his eyes as he ate his beans.

You glanced at the boy who fought alongside you through your pregnancy.

"Just you wait," you cockily chuckled, smiling a little at the exaggerated dreams you had.

"My Yeri's going to grow up like a prince," you started again, cutely talking down at the 8-month-year-old on your lap, "Isn't that right baby!"

"A what?" Kevin played along, his mouth gaping as he poked Yeri's stomach.

"A prince," you sighed lightly, kissing the temple of your child before staring at the hostel grounds all three of you were huddled in.

-

NOW

"Mommy, I feel like a prince!"

Snapping your eyes away from the lobby entrance of huge restaurant you were invited to, you moved the strand of hair behind your ear. Your eyes met Yeri who wiggled his feet, dangling them off the side of his chair as he looked at all the shimmering light around him. From the chandeliers, to the exquisite markings on the carpet below their feet, to the way people danced for show at a stored dance floor. Everything about this place made you feel out of place, but weirdly, in a place you wished to be and stay forever. Just seeing the glint and excitement on Yeri made you want to never leave.