Chapter 23: Shower Head

A/N: 18+ I guess. Warning.

-

"I'm glad you talked me into this," you said softly, smiling as you let yourself be pampered in the bubbling water surrounding you.

The woman in the tub next to you smiled, eyes shut as her glasses fogged up little by little the more she sunk into the warm water surrounding her body. She sighed in relief, pushing the foamy water to her chest as the bottoms of her short hair stuck to her collar bones.

"I know what it feels like being a single mother," Jaeun chuckled out, watching you enjoying yourself, "Sometimes it's important to treat yourself."

You looked over at the petite woman that you had grown comfortable with since your visits in Seoul. Not knowing if it was regarding the fact that the both of you had similar situations of life, or if it was her calming and shy personality that struck opposite from you...but something about BangPD's daughter ranged high with your tastes. So, the moment she suggested a spa day, you were in on it completely.

"How's Jaehyun?" you asked about her little daughter, missing seeing the adorable face of the child since your days back.

"Growing faster than I'd hoped," Jaeun sweetly replied, sighing before squinting her eyes shut.

Both of you were growing relaxed.

You smiled. "I know how you feel...I want Yeri to stay this age forever."

"Why? Can't wait for the teenager years?" Jaeun teased, "I'm sure Yeri-ah would be a piece of work."

"Oh no," you sang out, laughing at the thought of your beautiful little bean of a son growing into a sweay, puberty-induced young man.

Jaeun chuckled, all going silent again until her trailing mind slowly brought up one occurrence. One thing that changed since the last time she had met you.

"You've given Hoseok a chance, yeah?" Jaeun asked gently, seeing how great it seemed to be going already for you. She was happy the man had a second chance to redeem himself with his child, a responsibility every man should be given the chance to seek... Jaeun pursed her lips, trying not to remember her ex that knew nothing about their child Jaehyung.

You nodded, sighing. "He's been behaving so far," you said lightly, "We haven't fought for a while since he's always with Yeri and I choose to keep civil and distant these days."

"That's good," Jaeun sparked, smiling a little when remembering an incident, she had heard from her father. "I'm guessing the last time you two fought was the day of your shoot?"

Your nose scrunched, "You heard about the throw-up disaster?"

"Mhm."

You tried not to shiver in disgust when remembering it all. Pretty much forgetting and moving on from that entire night, you bent on the words said to be influenced by him having an allergic reaction and claiming to be...jealous?

"He wasn't in his right mind and was jealous," you said gently, wanting to move on from such a topic. "I'm trying to block the puke party from my head for good."

"He was jealous?" Jaeun asked, a little smirk playing onto her lips.

"Apparently," you shrugged, sinking into the water some more, "That's what he had to say for himself that night."

Jaeun pursed her lips from you being oblivious. "And him admitting that was okay to you?"

"Why wouldn't it be?"