3: Beauty and the beast.

The two lads were none others but Beauty and the Beast. Aslam the gentleman with the beautiful soul and the cad Ammar whom I named the beast. I recalled how he shooed me away like I was a goat and I felt like throwing my shoe on his face. I just loved my scholarship enough to let him be.

They ambulated to the two seats beside me and sat down. Ammar glanced at me and I squeezed my face shooting him that why-the-potatoes-are-you-looking-at-me look. They both took a seat and Aslam greeted with a smile.

Hey, peace be upon you. Fatima right?

Oh yes, peace be upon you too.

Hope you didn't have a hard time finding your room? *He asked.

Yes. Beautiful souls like you are becoming extinct. The world is full of beasts, thanks for helping. *I spoke, indirectly talking to Ammar.

I was sure he heard me but the beast didn't even spare me a glance. We exchanged pleasantries with Aslam before the lecturer came in cutting short our conversation.

Hello class, my name is Professor Austin Morgan, you all can call me professor Morgan. I am from the states and I will be taking you business plans. But today, we aren't having any serious lesson, we will use our time to introduce ourselves.

We will start with you miss. *Prof Morgan added pointing at a lady in red and ash.

She stood up and shambled to the board;

My name is safina Isma'il Maccido, the daughter of the business tycoon Alhaji Isma'il Maccido. Please take care of me.

The introduction went on and on. It only made me realise that I don't belong here. The students here were kids from the old money and upper crust homes. They were all filthy rich.

Aslam is the son of the minister of finance. The beast is the heir of Rayville. The only son of the multibillonaire business tycoon Hassan Shashi. The ladies began to eye him and swoon. They were already going bonkers after he introduced himself as the heir of Shashi groups. They were already falling heads over heels for Ammar.

He is strikingly handsome and filthy rich but he is characterless. I hate him.

'Lady in green, can you please come forward' *Prof Morgan called me.

My heart skipped a beat as the thought of the students not accepting me for who I am hit me.

Amour-propre Fatima, self-esteem. My subconscious mind reminded.

So I daintily stood up and proceeded to the board.

My name is Fatima Ahmad, The name of my father is Ahmad Sulaiman.

Just then Prof Morgan's phone began to ring and he excused himself to take the call. I was about to move back to my seat when one of the ladies asked.

Miss, mind telling us who your dad is? We are all curious, am I right class?

Right *everyone shouted

Well except Beauty and the beast. They were both just silently watching. There was a glint of emotion in Aslam's face.

My Abba is an architect. I'm here as a scholarship student though. *I informed.

What the ketchup! A scholarship student in Rayville. *One of the ladies uttered and they all laughed.

An ugly duckling in the midst of swans. But anyway since you are already here, try your best and secure a white feather. *one of the men said and they all laughed again.

I couldn't take the defamation anymore so I briskly walked out of the class. I wouldn't forgive myself if a single drop of the tears I was trying to hold back roll down. I got into an empty class and began to wash out my pain and anger.

Ammar's P.O.V
For years, I have forgotten how to feel or what to feel. I couldn't differentiate between right or wrong. All I ever cared about was myself. But for the first time in years, I felt a glint of emotion in me. I differentiated between right and wrong.

I don't know what made me to go after her but I did that anyway. I found her wiping her tears as she spoke with Aslam. I find it weird and stupid to say that I felt relieved.

Ammar what the hell are you doing? Why do you even care whether she laughs or cry? My subconscious mind spoke fluttering me back to my senses

That was when I realized I was going out of my way. This is so not me. I hissed as I threw the handkerchief on the floor and walked away.

Fatima's P.O.V
Thank you Aslam, you always seem to help me find a way and for that I will forever be grateful. I think it's time for me to leave, my roommate must be waiting for me. *I said as I stood up to leave.

My pleasure your highness. You should leave, take care of yourself. *He smiled.

We exchanged contacts and I advanced to the door. My eyes caught a glimpse of a blue hankie with beautifully designed patterns on it.

Who owns it and why is it lying here on the floor? I thought.

End of chapter

Asslamu alaikum cupcakes❤ How is life? Liked the chappie or not?
If yes, please vote, comment and share and if no, please vote, comment and share😂

So who is the real Ammar Hassan? Will the students of Rayville ever see Fatima as a swan? Will she ever be accepted as one of them?
Find out in Rays of love💕

Lots of love😙

Teemah Shawai❣