9: The flashback.

Yeemeen's P.O.V
Flashback⬅
Two years back, I was here in Abuja to attend my cousin Ikram's wedding. I was Ikram's favorite sister, so also was she my favorite cousin. Their house has always been my holiday destination.

I arrived for the wedding a week before the wedding celebrations began. I took part in the wedding preparations alongside the bride.

Then two days before the celebrations started, I stumbled upon someone that started a fire in my heart. It was none other but Aslam. Aslam Abdulrahman.

He was Abdulmajeed's (Ikram's groom) cousin too. He came to deliver some invitation cards to Ikram. She was busy with the henna decorations so she asked me to go and get the IV's from him.

I met him at the guests parlor. He was on phone and he was facing the other side of the parlor, so I couldn't see his face. I waited for few minutes before he finally cut off the call and turned his face towards my direction.

My heartbeat catapulted and my palms were cold. I stood there speechless, staring at the creature in front of me. And right there and then, I knew it was him, it has to be him.

Yesmeen huh. *He uttered with a small smile.

I....um...yes and you must be Aslam *I stammered.

We exchanged pleasantries before he gave me the invitation cards and left.

I couldn't take him off my mind all day and that was how I realised I was screwed. It was love at first sight for me. But what if Aslam doesn't feel the same way? I thought.

The couple made Aslam and I run all the errands including bookings halls, paying for the catering services, decorations and every every. Hanging out all day with Aslam strengthened the bond between us. He was so nice that I began misunderstanding his kindness for love. I was so into him and I couldn't wipe away the thought that he felt the same.

Aslam and I were always together, he will take me everywhere including the late night wedding events and bring me back home. Just who wouldn't believe we were dating?

He was just like maybe waiting for the right time to confess his feelings. Maybe after the wedding. I thought.

The wedding was over and I came back to kano by flight. Aslam drove me to the airport and promised he will come over to kano to visit me soon.

We spoke on phone the night I came back home and that was that. I waited for his call for minutes, hours and days, but he never called. Dispatching my pride one night, I called him.

Yesmeen how are you? *He greeted.

Guess you are still breathing. *I said.

Breathing but hella occupied. *He uttered.

Busy enough to forget your other half huh. *I blurted.

Other half?

Surprised I found out? *I said, a smile plastered on my lips.

Found out about what?

Your feelings for me. *I hugged my pillow.

Wait, I think there is a misunderstanding here. Yesmeen you are just like a younger sister I never had.

I don't find that funny Aslam. *My mood was now changing.

Yes because it's not a joke. *He uttered.

So all this while, I was a sister to you. *Tears began to cascade down my face.

Yesmeen I had no idea you misunderstood us.

So it was just a mere illusion Aslam. Everything was just happening in my thoughts. *I sobbed.

I'm sorry Yesmeen but yes it was.

Okay *I paused.
Cool *I added hanging the call.

I was shattered, tamed, heartsick and completely broken.
Flashback ends.

It took me almost two years to come out of the shell Aslam locked me in. And now that I've finally moved on, Aslam is back into my life again.

Help me Ya rabb, I know this is a test from you. I pray for your guidance through every obstacle. *I prayed.

Fatima's P.O.V
The sound of the door stopped me from pacing up and down the room. I have being doing that for the past 15 minutes.

Yesmey where the hell have you been? I almost got Aslam arrested for kidnapping you.

I didn't say I was going to Aslam, did I? *She rolled her eyes.

Whatever, where have you been?

To buy pizza and I met a friend in the eatery. *She stated.

Pizza, pizza, pizza, where is the pizza? *I yelped with delight.

Jeez, that was childish. *She shook her head passing the box of pizza to me.

That was when I noticed how pale Yesmeen's face was. It looked like she has being sick for years.

Yesmeen are you okay? *I asked.

Yes, why?

You look sallow. Are you sick?

I couldn't sleep last night, all thanks to someone. *She rolled her eyes again.

I never knew you loved me that much. *I chuckled.
Now let's eat and then you sleep afterwards. *I added.

Let's do that. *Yesmeen said with a small smile.

But I couldn't help but think Yesmeen is definitely hiding something from me. Besides her explanation wasn't quite convincing. She has been acting strange all day. I will have to find out what her problem is.

End of chapter.

Hello everyone, I'm sorry for the late update, I was a little bit busy these past two days that's why.
But finally, here is chapter 9.
Aslam and Yesmeen's dark past.
I hope you like it.
Chapter 10 coming soon!

Vote

Comment

And share💖

Lots of love😘

Teemah Shawai❣