37: Shocking news.

I dedicate this chapter to @itz_Mjay @CocoMeena @Fatimagwadabe @Khathijasana and @Goofypie01 for the votes and heart-stirring comments. Thank you darlings❤

Flashback continues..
Ammar's P.O.V
My private jet landed at the capital of my homeland. The feeling was equivalent to that of eating food after a week of hunger. I am finally seeing them after two good years, my joy knew no bounds. Just how much changed in these two years, just how much.

I was caught between four walls after my eyes captured the image of the couple waiting for me at the arrivals. Should I be happy or sad that my biological parents came for me instead of the parents life gave to me? I had no idea what to do at that moment. A part of me screamed happiness while another part screamed sadness and fear.

My heart skipped a beat, two beats and three beats as I noticed how my mother's eyes sparked different shades of woes. I felt mom's heart beating faster than normal as I hugged her. Last time I spoke with mom, she told me they were taking care of some business deals in Sudan, just what happened to get them here this early? Everything felt wrong but I didn't want to entertain negative thoughts so I kept mum as we rode through the busy streets of FCT to a destination I became curious about.

My body shuddered along with my trembling heart as our car parked at Shashi private hospital. My parents couldn't find the courage to look at me, so they hastily alighted the car and headed into the hospital. Right there and then, I knew something went terribly wrong. I silently trailed behind them to the VIP room where two corpses lay on the floor. My impotent body involuntarily crouched and my quivering arm pulled the white sheets that covered the faces of the corpses. And suddenly, it felt like a flick of light as everything became dark.

Two days later.
I woke up to the sight of mom sitting beside me as tears absentmindedly continue to flow down her pale face. Her eyes were puffy and red. I tried to sit up attracting mom's attention. She immediately gripped my hand, her hands were cold, very cold.

Son *Was all her mouth could mutter.

I scanned the room, it was no doubt a hospital room. I.V fluid was flushing into my body. What just happened here? I thought.

What am I doing here mom?

Two days ago, you were...

And before she could finish, everything flashed back into my cerebrum. The corpses, Maa and Paa, they were gone.

Where is the other dead body? *I cut in feebly staring at mom, my voice was almost inaudible.

Anisa, she is alive. *Dad chirped in. The strong man I call my dad looked weak and weary.

I pulled out the cannula and stood up ignoring mom's effort in trying to hold me back. I rushed out of the room and pushed every door I came across like a hungry lion searching for a prey. Finally, I found her. Her lips were dry and gray, her body was weak and fragile, her face was pallid and ghastly, what I mean is, she was sick. My lower limbs were heavy as I walked closer, perching on the armchair close to her bed. Seeing her like that, I felt I wouldn't last long. I knew that the moment she leaves too, I wouldn't last a minute more. Because we were both sick, waiting for the call of our Creator.

The accident left her as a paralysed orphan. *Aslam informed, his eyes were blood red.

'Paralysed' 'Orphan' those two words kept ringing an alarm in my head. Maa and Paa didn't leave just a daughter, they left a son too. Not only did Anisa's body became paralysed but Ammar's soul was also paralysed. Maa and Paa took with them all the happiness, all the laughters and all the smiles.