10: Weird feelings.

Ammar's P.O.V
I was living in the present but my mind wandered in the past and the future. How it happened and what will happen to her was all I could think of. What if she is still not okay? What if.....

Knock knock, are you there? *Aslam snapped his finger close to my face fluttering me back to the present.

What was that for? *I glared at him.

I should be asking you that. You had no idea I came in. *He shook his head.

I was reading.

Reading the roof huh. *He chuckled.

Whatever. *I rolled my eyes.

Dude what is your actual reason for sleeping out last night? *Aslam asked.

Dad travelled to Canada, so I had to attend to some of his clients. *I lied.

Ohh okay, hope you took care of everything? *He asked again

I did. *I nodded.

Instead of thinking about her all day, why don't you ask Aslam about her. My subconscious mind spoke.

Where have you been to? You were out all day. *I asked.

Fatima had an accident last night, I was with her.

Who is Fatima?

The scholarship girl as you call her. *He explained

Serves her right. She is always getting on my nerves. *I pretended.

That was harsh bro. *He glared.

Whatever. *I rolled my eyes.

But the fact is I blew up my chance of knowing about her condition.

3 Days Later.
It has been days already but I still couldn't eat properly, not to talk of having a sound sleep or concentrating in class. I was dying to ask about her, I was dying to hear from her but I didn't want to look desperate, so I kept torturing myself over and over again.

Sighting Aslam's phone on the couch, I decided to copy her phone number from it, which I did successfully. Ambulating to my room, I called her number twice before she picked up.

Assalamu Alaikum (peace be upon you) *She greeted and I kept mum.

Hello *She added after much silence and I still kept mum.

Cut the call if you can't hear. You are stressing yourself. *I lady spoke to Fatima.

Hello *Fatima uttered one more time.

Cut the call my dear, you wasting so much energy talking. *The lady added and Fatima hung up the call.

I know it sounds stupid to say I felt relieved but that was exactly what happened.

Ammar what has gotten into you? You have been acting strange ever since you met this girl. This is so not you. A voice in my head spoke.

He is only trying to be humane. He only helped a person in need. Isn't that what all humans should do? Another voice said.

But that was so unlike him. The first voice argued.

What Ammar did only meant he is trying to live again. He has been half dead for so many years. The other voice said.

Yes, I'm only doing this because I am human. The only woman that will ever exist in my life after my mother is Anisa. My Anisa.

One week later.
Fatima's P.O.V
The week passed by in a blur. It wasn't as boring as I thought it would be though. I had so much fun with Yesmeen and Aslam. Even though it looked like the two were not in good terms for some reason I don't know.

I asked her time without number if she knew him somewhere before but she kept saying she doesn't. But whenever he wants to take us out she always comes up with one excuse or the other so she won't go with us. The one time I managed to convince her to go out with us, I realised they were both acting strange towards each other.

My family visisted during the weekends, mother, father, the twins minal and manal, grandma and also Husna my BFF came along with them. I introduced them to Yesmeen and Aslam. It seems my family liked these two friends of mine alot.

We had lots of fun. We talked about everything and nothing. Yesmeen and Husna bonded in just a day, so also the twins and Aslam. Husna got admission into Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. She was studying Economics.

Anyway, all I wanted to say was, my week was just amazing.

Yesmeen drove me to class early in the morning because I had to meet my head of department and inform him about my one week absence to class. Attendance is very very important in Rayville.

Knocking the door and granted the permission to enter, I salamed and proceeded into the office.

Good morning sir. *I greeted.

Morning. Any problem? *He asked.

Yes sir, I had an accident last week. I couldn't attend class for the whole week, that's why I came to inform you. I know how much priority the school gives to attendance. *I answered.

What's your name? *He asked again looking down on his desktop.

Fatima, Fatima Ahmad.

Fatima Ahmad, business administration, year one right?

Yes sir *I nodded.

Your case has been reported and documented already. *He stated.

Pardon me sir, but I didn't report it until now.

But someone already did.

Okay sir, thank you. *I uttered then advanced to the door.

Yesmeen, it must to be Yesmeen. I thought.

I dialed her number and it beeped twice before she picked up.

Thank you so much babe, I love you. *I blurted.

And what did I do this time? *She asked.

Reporting my sickness to my HOD. *I grinned.

But I didn't do that, I was so worried about you that I even forgot about that.

Are you serious? *I asked.

100%

Okay, I still love you though😂bye *I smiled.

I love you more besty.

If Yesmeen didn't do it, then it is definitely him. Aslam, it was Aslam.

End of chapter.

Hello beautiful souls, how are you and your lives? Good, Good Alhamdulillah.

Who reported Fatima's case, Aslam or Ammar?
Find out in Rays of love💕

Vote
Comment
A

nd Share💖

Lots of love😙
Teemah ❣