8: Scars.

Ammar's P.O.V
I gave my body a quick scrub, then ordered chips and sandwich from the cafeteria. While waiting for my order to arrive, I recalled keeping the transfusion papers on the dining table, so I took the papers to my room in a jiffy.

My breakfast was delivered in a short while and after gulping down the first bite of my sandwich, the thought of how the scholarship girl was doing hit me. What if something went wrong after I left? What if...

Why do you even care? You already did your best, didn't you? My subconscious mind spoke.

I took another bite of the sandwich but the taste suddenly changed from delish to horrible. But deep down, I knew it wasn't the taste, it was me. Pushing the food away and ambulating to my bedroom, I stood by one of the twenty enlarged photos of Anisa and I. We looked so happy, so happy.

I miss you Anisa, I miss you. *I uttered touching her face in the picture.

Fatima's P.O.V
The doctor confirmed I was okay and fit to be discharged. Aslam got all the discharge papers and offered us a ride to the hostel but we refused because Yesmeen was here with her car.

Thank you so much Aslam, I have only received from you since my first day here. *I uttered as we walked towards Yesmeen's car.

You know you don't have to thank me right. The doctor said you should rest for the whole week. So no class for you this week. *Aslam informed.

Whoa, I can already imagine how boring my week will be. *I shook my head with a small pout.

Careful, your head is still bandaged. Boring when I am here, I won't let that happen. *Aslam uttered and Yesmeen coughed moving our attention to her.

Hey Yesmey, you have been quite all day. Are you okay? *I asked.

She didn't answer me, it looked like she was lost in her thoughts.

Yesmey mana! What are you thinking of, I'm talking here. *I snapped my fingers close to her face.

I....um....I'm sorry Tee, I was just thinking about you, I mean what happened to you. *She stammered.

Not again, how many times do I have to tell you what happened was not at all your fault? *I rolled my eyes.

Let's go, you need rest. *Yesmeen uttered with a faint smile.

Okay miss. We will talk later Aslam. *I said whilst opening the door of the car.

Can I speak with your friend for a minute please? *Aslam touched his hair.
About you to be precise.*He added.

What about me? *I shot him a dubious stare and he tilted his head a little.
Fine, I will stay in the car. You guys should hurry though. *I uttered.

Do we really need to talk? *Yesmeen cut in.

Please, it's important. *Aslam said.

Yesmey it's okay. Talk with him, I will be waiting. *I smiled and they ambled a small distance to get some privacy.

I just couldn't help but think there is something between Aslam and Yesmeen. The way they look at each other, the way they talk to each other, it was all awkward. Something is fishy.

Yesmeen's P.O.V
How have you been? *Aslam asked.

Since when did you start caring about how I am? *I answered in a harsh tone.

I knew that was coming. Yesmeen please I have a favour to ask. *He paused and she ignored him looking away.

I want you to keep the relationship between us a secret from Fatima. I only just met Fatima a few days ago, but I must admit I'm falling for her. She will never accept my love if she finds out about us. Please Yesmeen. *Aslam begged.

Aslam what do you take me for? Do you think I'm selfish just like you? Give up the idea that I still consider you as someone I know. You are invisible to me and I have no memories of you whatsoever. *I shook my head.

I will count on your words Yesmeen.

I will be leaving if that's all you have to say. *I proceeded to my car without waiting for a reply.

Fatima kept talking incessantly while we drove back to the hostel until she realised that my mind was somewhere else. My heart was filled with so much sorrow.

Why do I have to meet Aslam like this again? Why?

Tee go in and rest, I will be back in a short while. *I uttered as I parked my car in front of the hostel.

Hope you are okay? *She asked.

Yesmeen is always okay, remember? *I winked.

Yeah yeah, be back soon. *She waved, alighting the car.

I drove to one of the ten parks in Rayville, the royals park. I alighted the car and advanced into the park. The place was quite and the air was refreshing. Good enough to enliven my mood.

I perched on one of the park benches at the extreme end of the park

I perched on one of the park benches at the extreme end of the park. Closing my eyes, my past came playing back into my mind and the tears I have being trying to hold back began to cascade down my face.

Why? Why do I have to meet Aslam here again? How do I survive now that Aslam is back into my life for the second time? How? I thought.

Flashback⬅
Two years back, I attended one of my cousin sisters wedding here in Abuja.

End of chapter.

Hello readers, how are you all doing? And the chapter?

I can't believe I am already updating the 8th chapter. It was just like yesterday that I decided to write this novel but here we are.

What relationship does Aslam and Yesmeen have?
Why does Aslam want it to be kept a secret from Fatima?

Find out in Rays of love💕

Vote

Comment

And share 💖

Lots of love😘

Teemah Shawai❣