40: A love to remember.

Chapter dedicated to @Mss_nacowerh @AishaAliyuJaafar and lastly this chapter is specially dedicated to @elmuhammad for being one of my favorite readers. Come get an autograph (that was a joke) Thank you for all the votes and heart-stirring comments❤

Ammar's P.O.V
I looked down at my wristwatch checking the time. It was just an hour left to my wedding fatiha which was to take place in Gombe state because Anisa is a native of Gombe. She has been there for a week now and it has also been a week since I last heard from her. She told me it was their tradition for all brides to stay away from their grooms a week to their wedding. Aslam became my only informant, he will always tell me how she is and if she needs something. The last time we spoke, he told me she was getting beauty treatments from her aunts.

What a tradition😞

You may now board the plane sir. *One of the stewardess of my private jet informed bringing me out of my reverie. Yes, I was still in Abuja.

Sir, a call from your dad. *My bodyguard uttered passing me the phone.

Ammar *Dad called.

I am boarding the plane right now dad. *I spoke guessing that was the reason for the call.

You don't have to. The wedding fatiha already took place thirty minutes ago. Aslam's dad was the one giving out her hand in marriage and he was summoned by the president so we had to hurry the wedding fatiha.

But dad.....

No buts Ammu. Your mom told me Anisa wanted everything to be kept simple and you told her its fine. So just don't bother because her uncle is already on his way with her to your house there in Abuja.

Ok dad. *I answered in defeat.

Isn't this the most amazing wedding that ever took place? A wedding without the groom, wow, just wow.

Happy married life. *Messages kept coming. Aslam's, Fatima's, Yesmeen's, business associates and from so many other people.

And suddenly, I felt a piercing pain in my chest, like my heart was been squeezed and stabbed. What might be the reason? Fatima!

Fatima's P.O.V
I heaved a sigh of relieve knowing the wedding ceremony already took place. I loved Ammar but I never wanted to come between him and Anisa. Those two were match made in heaven, they were destined hearts. Just who am I to come between them?

I am going out to get toiletries, will be back in few minutes. *Yesmeen informed bringing me out of my trance.

Its late, do you really need it this night?

Yes your highness, I do. So if you will excuse me, I am running late. *She bowed dramatically.

Yesmeen left for the mall leaving me and my shadow in the house. It was such a big mansion that my whole generation could live in there comfortably. I looked around to while away time. The house was grand and luxurious.

 The house was grand and luxurious