28: Another side of Mr arrogant.

I dedicate this chappie to saadah_mh
and MaamaTee for the endless votes and comments. Thank you babes💜

Ammar's P.O.V
Happy birthday *I uttered at the same time the light switched on.

I was marvelled by Fatima's reaction. It was more than I ever envisioned. She stared at me dotingly with her head slightly tilted to the right. Silence took over the noisy atmosphere in the ballroom before the sound of a lone clap broke it.

Aslam.

I glanced at Aslam who was slapping his palms together in a clap. His expression was unreadable. Sad? Happy? Scared? Upset? No one can tell. Suddenly, the hall became boisterous as everyone clapped their hands with passion making Fatima flutter back to her senses. I ambled to where she was standing, her eyes on her shoes.

Fatima *I called out softly.

She used her thumb to wipe off the lone tear that was about to run down her cheeks as she raised her face to look at me. My heartbeat catapulted as the thought of Fatima not liking my surprise began to eat me up. Her face abruptly brightened up, her lips curved into her heart-stopping smile. The smile I am starting to crave for.

Thank you. *She spoke, finally.

I gave her a reassuring smile as the uniformed workers pushed the two cakes closer to us. I picked up the cake knife and handed it over to Fatima which she collected without altercating. Yesmeen and Aslam moved closer and everyone cheered as she cut the cakes.

Birthday confetti began to fall immediately after she cut the second cake. She closed her eyes and raised her face up a little, her infectious smile plastered on her lips. I couldn't help but smile too before she referred back her attention to the cake. She cut out a small piece and fed Yesmeen and vice versa. Cutting another piece she looked up at me thinking of what to do. She smiled as she took a saucer and placed the cake on it.

Here, cake lover *She grinned passing it to me.

I would have loved it if she fed me too but then it's still okay.

Thanks *I smiled.

She gave Aslam another piece in a saucer also before the party continued.

How I knew it was Fatima's birthday?
Well, I had someone stalking her. I have gotten alot of information about her. Background, family, friends, birthday, every single detail.

The surprise party?
I thought she would love it, so I arranged everything in secret. Not even Aslam knew about it.

How I got the pictures?
I also paid someone to do that for me. So I guess I have alot of them now.

Why I am doing all these?
That I don't know. You can think of whatever reason you want to, except one. Yes, except love because it is not and it can never be. I am already taken, not in this lifetime.

An hour passed by in a blur, the party was still booming. Tables were filled with half eaten delicacies, the dance floor was a bit scanty, the people were already leaving gradually. And then, by the other side, Fatima and Aslam were talking and laughing.

My heart suddenly started to burn up in dander. I just couldn't take my eyes off them. Why am I not the person laughing with her instead? I felt the urge to just go and drag her away from Aslam. I wanted it to be us, talking and laughing, I wanted it to be us.

I lumbered to where they were sitting. Fatima was laughing so hard, so hard that her eyes were teary due to the intensity of the laughter.

'Aslam you are so hilarious and sweet' was the first thing I heard as I stood behind Fatima. She was laughing so hard that she didn't even realize someone was standing behind her.