24: A new friend.

Fatima's P.O.V
I saw a new side of Ammar last night. A cute and nice side of him. The way he insisted I take the bracelet after I rejected it was just so cool and sweet. Ammar and I being friends was something I never imagined. Life is really full of suprises.

I arrived at the small cafe near Gritti palaca hotel. I wanted to atone for ditching Aslam last night. He was sitting at the extreme edge of the cafe making a phone call.

Assalamu alaikum. *I greeted and he shifted his gaze to me.

Wa alaikumus salaam, you are here. *He said with a small smile after hanging up the call.

I am so sorry about last night Aslam.

No it's okay. What will you eat?

I am not really hungry. I think I will be fine with a mug of cappuccino.

Sure, a mug of cappuccino and one of coffee please. *He said to the waiter.

So how have you been? *Aslam uttered as he takes a sip of his coffee.

Great, you?

Pretty good Alhamdulillah.

So what's up with you? I miss you Aslam. It has been long since we spent time together. We have alot of catching up to do.

Yeah of course, I miss you more Fatima.

We had an amazing night just talking about random stuffs. We talked about our group tours, he almost choked when I told him about Ammar wanting to be friends with me. Ammar is no joke, not even his friend would believe he could do such a thing.

We agreed on walking back to the hotel since it was very close to the cafe.

Fatima *Aslam called as we walk to the hotel.

Uhmmm

He then kept quite as if he wasn't the one that just called me.

Tell me *I said breaking the silence.

I love you

I froze due to the intensity of the three words. I felt my heartbeat skyrocketing. The three words made my world rotate swiftly and my head dizzy.

Fatima I love you, I have been in love with you from the first day I saw you. I want no one else but you. I want to be with you forever and more.

I kept mute, my mouth was void of words. Aslam in love with me was something I never imagined because to me Aslam was like a friend and a brother I never had.

Fatima, please speak to me.

I wanted to tell Aslam no I love someone else. I wanted to tell him that my world revolves around someone else and my heart is already taken by someone I don't stand a chance with but no, I can't. I can't break Aslam's heart this way. I owe Aslam alot and there is nothing I can do to ever pay him back but I still can't accept his heart.

Aslam, I really don't know what to say right now. I will have to think about it. *I stated with mixed emotions.

It's okay with me. I will wait for you for as long as you wish. I will wait Fatima.

9 days later,
Fatima's P.O.V
Time flies rapidly, Ammar and I are getting to know each other more and more. We spend alot of time together, either writing on our trip essay, riding the gondola through the city, eating together in restaurants, riding a boat to the islands, watching sunset at St. Mark's square, exploring the dorsoduro, watching performances at theater La Fenice or exploring the Grand canal. All those little things I have always wanted to do.