15: Trust issues.

Monday 10:30am,
Fatima's P.O.V
No, it was in my bag until now. I don't know why I can't find it. *I rummaged my bag again.

So what are you trying to say? That it disappeared on it's own? *Ammar shot me a glare.

Chill dude, she wouldn't lose it intentionally, will she? *That was Aslam speaking.

Ammar I really don't know how it happened. I was sure it was....... *I uttered and Ammar cut in.

Look, let's talk outside. I don't want to create a scene here.

We stood up and ambulated out of the class to the hallway, with the bitch Safina trailing behind.

How could you be so careless? I personally asked you to keep it safe. *Ammar uttered with a frown.

Ammar listen please, I......

Enough of your drama. I regret asking you to take the assignment with you. If only I took it with me then none of this would be happening right now. *Safina cut in and I chose to ignore her.

Ammar you really have to believe me.

Believe you? How can I? I don't care how it happened but because you lost it, then you must find it. And I really don't care how you are going to do it but you must find it. I mean right now. *Ammar said boldly and my eyes became watery.

Clean off those crocodile tears and find our work, Silly girl *Safina rolled her eyes.

I stared at Ammar who was also staring at me with his hands clenched in a fist. He closed his eyes, heaved a sigh of defeat and walked away.

Serves you right. *Safina smirked before trailing after Ammar.

Aslam's P.O.V
Are you okay? *I asked Fatima who was pacing up and down the hallway.

Yes *She blurted biting her lower lip.

But you don't look like you are.

Honestly I am not okay Aslam. I lost the assignment we worked so hard on. How can I be ok? *She bit her lower lip again.

We will find a way Fatima, but you have to calm down first. Let me have Yesmeen's phone number, maybe you left it in the room.

I am sure I brought it to the class, but call her.

Yesmeen's P.O.V
Hello. *I greeted after picking up my ringing phone.

Yesmeen. *Said the voice I will never forget. Aslam!

I was dazed. My heartbeat catapulted and my mouth was void of words. What could have made Aslam to call me? I thought.

Are you there? *Aslam asked fluttering me back to my senses. We exchanged pleasantries before I asked why he called.

Fatima can't find their group assignment. Can you please check around to see if she left it there?

I was so disappointed, my hopes were crumbled. For once, I thought Aslam wanted to talk to me about us. Maybe because I am still so much into him, I almost forgot that for Aslam, it's Fatima, only Fatima.

Can you hear me? *He asked.

Ohh sorry, I will check and call you in a minute. *I uttered hanging up the call without waiting for a reply.

Fatima's P.O.V
She will look for it. Don't worry too much, you must have kept it somewhere in your room. *Said Aslam.

I nodded my head, biting my index finger. We were still waiting for Yesmeen's call when Aslam abruptly advanced to one of the waste bins in the hallway.

Fatima, look, I found your assignment. Someone threw it in the waste bin. *He informed and l hastened to where he was standing.

It is. It's our assignment. *I heaved a sigh of relieve.

But who could have done this? *Aslam asked.

Who am I to tell you Safina did it. She definitely took it from my bag when I left it in the class to go to the washroom. Telling you will only increase her enmity towards me. I want to live peacefully.

I really don't know, but right now all that matters is we found it. Aslam please help me give it to Ammar. I will go to the washroom. *I smiled and he nodded twirling around to leave.

Aslam. *I called and he halted.

Thank you. You are always coming to my rescue. *He winked with a smirk and then proceeded to the class.

Ammar's P.O.V
Was I too harsh on her? I asked absolutely no one.

I submitted your assignment *Aslam informed fluttering me out of my thoughts.

Where did she find it? *I asked stiffly.

Someone dropped it in the waste bin.

What! *My eyes were as large as saucer.

She said she left her bag earlier to go to the washroom, but she don't how it happened either. *He said.

But dude you were harsh on her. She told you she don't know how it went missing, but you still insisted. Try and trust her please, Fatima is very innocent and I really can't stand anyone hurting her feelings. *He added and I chose to ignore him.

I zoned out thinking about Aslam's words. Maybe it's true that Fatima is really innocent.

Mom called, I will head out bro. *Aslam informed before proceeding to the exit.

Sighting Fatima's bag, I wrote down a note and stuck it on her seat together with a hankie.

Fatima's P.O.V
Lecture was over already so I went back to class to get my bag. Finding the exact hankie as the one I saw my first day in class jarred me. How could be the owner? Aslam? Or a secret admirer?

Twirling around to leave, I saw a note.
It reads........

End of Chapter.

Hello everyone, how are you all?

Safina played a prank on Fatima, but thankfully Aslam was there to help.
What did Ammar write in the note?
Find out in Rays of love💕

Vote
Comment
And Share💖

Lots of love😘
Teemah Shawai❣