12: Mr arrogant chose me.

Fatima's P.O.V
My patners are Safina Isma'il Maccido and.......

He hushed for a while before uttering the unbelievable.

...and Fatima Ahmad.

Wait, what was that? Did Ammar just mention my name? No, No, No, I am probably hallucinating. That can't be. I thought.

Safina Isma'il and Fatima Ahmad, to the front please. *The docent called.

Fatima, are you okay? *Aslam asked fluttering me back to my senses.

Yes, why?

You are been summoned to the front of the class, aren't you going? *He blankly asked.

I moved my gaze to the board, Ammar, Safina and the docent were staring at me, infact everyone in the class was doing the same.

It's real. Ammar really did mention my name. But why? It's not like we are in good terms. Afterall the ladies were all pleading to be in his group, I never wanted to be his patner. I thought.

I gently stood up and proceeded to the front of the class, ignoring all the glares from the ladies.

Safina and Fatima, do you all agree to patner with Ammar in all your school activities? *The docent asked.

Yes, I do *Safina yelped in excitement.

No I don't. *I uttered with a frown.

Any solid reason for that miss? *Said the docent.

I hushed for a while thinking of a good reason. My only reason is because we don't get along, but I can't say that because the grouping was meant to strengthen the relationship between the members of the class.

I don't have any. *I uttered expressionlessly.

I'm sorry miss Fatima, but you can only reject if you have a solid reason for it. So Ammar and Safina will be your patners from today onwards. You three can go back to your seats. *The docent informed and we advanced back to our seats.

Chill young lady, even though I also don't know why Ammar chose you but he is not as bad as he looks. *Aslam comforted and I faked a smile.

One after the other, all the groupings were done. Aslam chose two ladies as well, even though all he wanted to do was to choose me. I managed to catch up with Ammar at the parking lot after the class.

Hey, can we talk for a minute? *I asked as he was getting into his car and he stopped, stared at me without speaking a word.

Why did you do that? Why would you want me in your group? *The questions were endless and he kept mum.

Don't get me wrpng, I only chose you because I know you don't want to patner with me just like I don't. *He spoke with a frown.

What do you mean? You know I don't want to, then why did you?

I know you will concentrate on your academics rather than concentrating on me unlike the other girls.

Whatsoever your reason is, just get me out of this mess. *I rolled my eyes and we both kept mum staring at each other.

Are you trying to ditch me today also. *Yesmeen uttered breaking our eye contact and Ammar got into his car and drove off.

Not at all. *I shook my head.

What was that face-me-I-face-you all about. *Yesmeen said raising her eyebrows.

We were just talking Yesmey, don't make a deal out of it. *I rolled my eyes.

But I didn't see you two talking, you were just staring at each other dotingly. *She winked.

Not again Yesmey. Ammar and I don't get along. Not at all.

I will just pretend I believe that. *She moved her arms close to her chest.

You are on your own. *I rolled my eyes again for the nth time.

Aslam's P.O.V
Watching Ammar and Fatima staring ferociously at each other lit up a flame in my heart. What is this all about? I just can't understand why Ammar is acting strange of all a sudden, it was so unlike him. It can't be love, right?

Ammar is taken already, not in this lifetime. My subconscious mind reminded.

What am I thinking of? That's probably not true. Ammar only loves Anisa. I was just being too sensitive about it. Ammar hates Fatima.

Next day, Fatima's Class.
Fatima's P.O.V
Your assignments will be in group. I believe you have been grouped already. I will send you the questions through your group emails right away. Any question? *The lecturer said packing her things to leave the class and everyone kept mum.

I will take your silence as a no then. I want the hard copy of the assignment submitted, on or before monday. Anything after that won't be considered. *She uttered as she advanced towards the exit.

Our phones beeped all at once indicating a text message. It was the group assignment the lecturer talked about earlier. There was a little commotion in the class as patners began to look for themselves. There was alot to do because the lecturer wanted a 30 page essay. Safina was also seating close to Ammar while I was still on my seat thinking of whether to move closer to them or not.

Do you plan on staying there? Can't you see we are about to start discussing. *Safina shot me a death glare and I glanced at Aslam who just nodded with a small smile.

I stood up gently and moved closer to them.

Sluggish as always. I really don't like you. *Safina glared and I chose to ignore her.

Don't mind her Amm, let's talk about our assignment. *Safina said referring to Ammar.

Ammar didn't even spare her a glance. He looked at me instead and said.

About the assignment, we will meet up by 4:00pm at C-03 today, tomorrow and the day after since today is friday. We only have three days. *He paused.

4:00pm sharp, don't be late. *He added before standing up to leave.

4:20pm
Fatima's P.O.V
Oh my Allah! I'm late. Ammar will definitely kill me.

Hastening into the class, I found both of them seating with their eyes focused on the laptop in front of them.

I'm so sorry, I lost track of time. *I uttered moving their attention back to me.

Mtsww, as if. You are always getting on my nerves. *Safina hissed and I stood speechless.

Are you here for the assignment or not? *Ammar glared.

Yeah. *I advanced to the seat close to Ammar, accidentally pushing the strawberry juice on his table and staining his white kaftan.

The abrupt pain I felt on the right side of my cheek gave me the shock of my life. Who the potatoes had the guts to slap me?

End of chapter.

Hello everyone, how are you all doing? How was the chappie?

Who slapped Fatima? Ammar or Safina? Will Fatima let it slide?
Find out in Rays of love.

Vote, Comment and share💖

Love😘

Tee Tee❣