35: Time to know his story.

Ammar's P.O.V
Looking down at my wristwatch, I realised I was an hour late for the birthday dinner. I am no fan of Fatima's harangues so I accelerated the car to a high speed. Parking my car, I alighted and hastened into the house with a salam (Islamic greeting).

Ya Ammar. *Manal called with a wide grin and we exchanged pleasantries. Manal is sister goals.

You came. *Fatima came into their Abba's lounge where Manal took me and served me refreshments.

I am sorry, I was a little busy with work. Guess the dinner is over.

Yeah. Abba and Ammi went out for a date, leaving only us the kids at home. I... *And before she finished a young man who was probably in his early 30s came in.

My baby. *He uttered enveloping Fatima in a hug.

I missed you. *Fatima said to him.

I missed you more princess. *He gave her a peck and I felt I couldn't stand their display of affection anymore so I cleared my throat.

Oh hi, didn't see you there. *He stretched his hand for a handshake but I refused by picking up the glass of wine in front of me.

The two continued talking and acting all lovey dovey. I couldn't swallow the lump that formed in my throat. If only I could strangle the idiot. Does he think I don't need an introduction?

Hey, I am Ammar. I'm Fatima's friend. *I decided to introduce myself, which I sounded more like a moron.

Sorry I didn't introduce myself. I'm Khaleel, Fatima's fiance. *He smirked and I saw him grasp Fatima's hand.

Fiance. *I uttered feebly as I fixed my eyes on Fatima and she looked down.
My grip on the glass of wine tightened until I broke it.

Oh my Allah, Blood! Manal bring the firstaid box. Ammar you are hurting yourself. *Fatima bawled.

Manal brought the firstaid box and Khaleel shoo them all out of the lounge, leaving only the two of us.

I am her uncle. Her mother and I are siblings. *Khaleel spoke as he bandaged my wound. Relieve won't be able to explain what I felt at that moment. It felt as if he lifted a huge load off my chest.

Confess and don't be a poltroon. *He added letting go of my hand and proceeding to the exit without waiting for a reply.

And just after he said that, I realised I was screwed. What happened to the old Ammar? What happened to the Ammar whose world revolved around Anisa? What happened to the egocentric Ammar? When and how did this new Ammar came into existence?

Fatima's P.O.V
I picked up a bunch of grape which Uncle Khal brought earlier.

He loves me.
He loves me not.
He loves me.
He loves me not. *That was how I kept eating up the grapes.

He loves me
He loves you. *Uncle Khal and I uttered in unison at the last grape.

Uncle Khal *I called with a wide grin.

I give you my blessings princess. Ammar is a keeper. *Uncle Khal nodded and I gave him a bone crushing hug.

Flashback⏪
What is the name? *Uncle Khal asked as he sat on the armchair in my bedroom.

Ammar. *I blurted.

Where?

Rayville.

That was how I told him every single detail. How I met the beast who later on turned to a Prince charming. How I fell head over heels in love with him and how I am so not sure if the feeling is mutual.

You said he is coming over right. *Uncle Khal asked and I nodded.

I have a plan. Just play along later, okay?
End of flashback▶

I rested my hand on my chest feeling the throbbing sound of my heartbeat. The sound of his laughter is better than any song. His eyes are brighter than the shining stars. He gives me butterflies and my heart races when I hear his name. Even the shortest conversations with him makes me happy. We could spend the whole day together and I will still miss him the moment he leaves. He is my favorite notification and I just can't imagine a future without him. Is this feeling of mine love?

Two weeks later.
The days passed by in a blur. School had fully resumed and exams were starting real soon. Ammar became distant for the past two weeks. He was there with me but I felt the distance between us. I kept receiving text messages about Ammar using me, but I never really took them serious because people like Safina are still in abundance.

It was in the evening, I was dressed up waiting for Ammar to pick me up after he asked me out for a date. At that moment, all my mind could fathom was 'Is this a beginning for us?'

Out in the renown Abuja city, Ammar revitalised my body system with scoops of icecream and waffles. He played my best surah 'Suratul Rahman' on our way to a place I don't know. Parking the car in a place that looks more like a castle to me, we alighted and proceeded into the house.

Why would Ammar bring me to an empty house like this? I thought.

Trust me, I will do nothing to harm you. *Ammar spoke after noticing my uneasiness and I only nodded.

We arrived at a huge wooden door which Ammar opened gently and we both got into the most beautiful bedroom I ever saw. There on the bed lies a sleeping beauty. With her looks, she could win the Miss world title.

Let's go. *Ammar uttered proceeding to the exit without giving me a chance to speak.

So many questions were eating me up from the inside but I chose to keep quite. 'He had a reason' was my simple explanation.

Parking his car at the Millenium park, I silently alighted and we began to stroll down the park. The silence was vivid and agonizing. The atmosphere was languid and emotional. I don't have a good feeling about this.

Fatima. *He called softly and I stared at those eyes, the eyes of the person I love.

It's time to know my story.

And suddenly I felt a piercing pain in my chest. I know the day is coming, but never expected it to be this soon. It's time, it's time to know his story.

End of chapter.

Hello cupcakes, How are you and every every? I missed you all.

This chapter is dedicated to me and only me😂 It's a birthday gift from me to myself. Yeah yeah, it's 10th of May and I'm a year older. So Happy birthday to me, Allah ya rayani😂 It's not funny, is it? It's good to pray for ourselves especially on days like this😎 Thank you Allah for the gift of life. Thank you mom, thank you dad for bringing me into this world. I love you both❤

So who and who wants to know Ammar's story? Me🙌

Your birthday gifts to me are votes, votes, comments, comments, views, views, follows, follows, shares, and shares😂

Happy birthday to all my birthday mates on planet earth. Age with grace💟 I love you all❤