19: Mystery unraveled.

Aslam's P.O.V
I grasped the envelope minting to put it back inside the folder. I glimpsed at the three words written at the edge 'Blood Transfusion Papers'

I know I shouldn't do it. I know it's wrong to prod other people's personal stuffs but I felt I had to take a look. It felt like an involuntary reflex.

I pulled out the enveloped paper gently, my heart throbbing as if I just ran a marathon race.

Blood Transfusion Papers
Name of Donor: Ammar Hassan Shashi
Name of Recipient: Fatima Ahmad

All the other words became invisible. I couldn't read any further. What is all this? It doesn't make sense at all. This can't be happening. Not again.

Why does Ammar always come between me and my happiness? Why do I have to sacrifice every single thing I love the most for him? Not again, not ever. Fatima is mine, only mine.

I used my index finger to wipe away the doleful tears that were running down my cheeks. I enveloped the paper and placed it back inside the folder.

I ran into Fatima and Yesmeen in the reception after I gave the doctor the papers. Fatima's face was pale, she looked as if she has been sick for years.

Look Fatima, it's Aslam. *Yesmeen said as they both walked towards me.

Oh my good Lord, I am glad we met you here. Fatima insisted we come back and check up on Ammar.

She must be worried. They are currently moving him to the VIP room. Let's go and see him. *I uttered trying hard not to let them notice my bleeding heart.

We walked in silence to the VIP room number 01. I pushed the door gently as we all get in one after another. Ammar was sleeping peacefully on the VIP electric hospital bed.

I will go get him something to eat before he wakes up. *I broke the silence that took over the atmosphere in the room.

Aslam, can I please come with you? Fatima didn't eat anything too, I want to get her something as well. *Yesmeen said.

No I'm fine. I won't eat anything. *Fatima chirped in.

No you are going to eat. Why are you being so stubborn. Yesmeen, it's okay I will just get something for her.

No, just take me with you. I want to buy something as well. *Yesmeen insisted.

I can buy it for you, what is it?

No Aslam, just take me with you.

Fine, Fatima should go with us then.

No, Fatima should stay. What if he wakes up and there is no one with him? Let's go already, we are wasting so much time. *Yesmeen stated.

Yes, I will stay. Just don't stay long. *Fatima uttered.

I hated the idea of leaving Fatima and Ammar together alone. I was insecured after finding out the whole truth. The person that has been taking care of Fatima was none other but my bestfriend Ammar. The transfusion papers explained everything. The person I have been taking credit for his actions was none other but Ammar Hassan Shashi.

This is the first time after so many years that Ammar is actually taking care of someone. If I don't call this love, then what is it?

Yesmeen and I drove to one of the school canteens. The drive to the canteen was quite, both Yesmeen and I were caught up in our thoughts.

It's about Fatima right? *Yesmeen broke the silence as we were driving back to the hospital.

What? *I asked as I take a quick glance at her.