The Encounter

((A/N the cat ☝ there has nothing to do with this story, but it needed to be shared))
((Also this continuation? will be different from the spoofs cuz 3rd person is easier than whatever dat crap was ;-; ))

Cassia stepped toward the low building Squid had pointed her toward. Yoi was in there, but Cassia was a little scared. She took a deep breath and took the final few steps to the door, and opened it. She walked down the hall until she reached the door that said 'Yoi' on a plaque. Cassia knocked softly. "Yoi? Are you in there?"

Within the room, Yoi curled up under a blanket on her bed, terrified of the new voice. She knew all the squids in this dimension, and that was not one of the voices she knew. "Ye-Yes... Who... who is it?" she called out in a small, broken voice.

Cassia frowned a little at Yoi's tone. She didn't know how to deal with timid people, she was normally hard and to the point. "Yoi my name is Cassia, and I'm a dimension jumper like you. May I come in?"

Yoi jumped a little at the mention of 'dimension jumper' and peeked out from under her blanket a bit, looking at the closed door. "Pro-Promise not to hu-hurt me?" she whispered.

Cassia looked at the door, a little surprised. 'What had this girl been through?' she wondered. "I swear to Notch I won't lay a finger on you or harm you on any way, mentally, physically, or emotionally."

Yoi uncurled a bit more, her eyes now peeping above the blanket, wide with fear. "Co-come in Cas-Cassia." she called out, her voice still barely more than a whisper.

Cassia turned the knob and opened the door, peeking in before she walked in. She saw Yoi completely covered with a blanket except a tuff of hair and her wide eyes peeping up over the blanket. Walking over to a nearby chair, a little distance away from the bed, Cassia sat down. "Hey Yoi." she said with a warmish smile. She was still trying her best to be nice, but a part of her wanted to grab Yoi and shake her out of her timidness.

Yoi peeked out a little more and saw Cassia's warm smile. "He-Hey Cassia." She gave her a small smile in return.

Cassia scrutinized Yoi, without making it clear she was. "So Yoi, do you like it here in the squid dimension?" I finger my butter sword's hilt unconsciously, as I think of the people I left behind to come here.

Yoi dropped the blanket a little lower, exposing the rest of her face. "It's ok-okay here.... I miss my...my parents though...." She looked down, her memories of what happened starting another flashback.

-------------------Flashback-----------------------

Yoi was playing in her room with her favorite toy, a small stuffed squid, and her older brother James, laughing and giggling.
James pulled out another stuffed squid and began having a play battle with his sister. "My squid's going to destroy yours!" He said laughing playfully as he pounded Yoi's squid into the oak wood flooring.
Yoi shrieked with laughter. "Jamey stop beating up my poor squid! Mr.Squidington has a family too!"

As the two continued to play Squid Wars, a crash and a scuffle can be heard downstairs. Both kids ignore the noise, to preoccupied with their game.
Suddenly the door crashed open and Yoi screamed in fear before seeing who it was. Her mom stood in the doorway, swaying slightly. "Momma?" Yoi whispered. She had never seen her mom like this before, and it was scary.
James got up and stood in front of Yoi, facing his mom. "Mom please, don't do this. Not now." He said in a low voice, gesturing to Yoi who is hiding behind his legs scared.
She cackled. "Not now? Do you think your dad stop to think about what I was going through? Do you think he even looked at me and though 'This is not the time'?" She took another drink from the bottle in her hand, then focused her bloodshot eyes on James. "You look just like your father. Let's hope you turn out better than him" she sneered. Taking another drink she turned and walked back downstairs. James silently walked over to the door, shut it and locked it. Returning to Yoi, he picked up his squid and tried to get her playing again. "I'm going to get you!" He said with a forced playfulness.
Yoi looked up at her brother with scared eyes. "James what's wrong with momma?" She was only 2, but she was smart for her age because James was her teacher. She knew something was wrong, but didn't know exactly what.
James sighed and put down his squid, the pulled Yoi over to him. "Mom is a little unwell, she has a few... problems."
Yoi looked at him, then put down her squid toy. She wasn't going to let her brother get away with a weak answer like that. "James don't lie to me. What's wrong with momma? Why was she being so mean and saying hateful things about Daddy?"
James sighed and pulled Yoi into his lap. He wanted to hide the truth from her, but James knew that Yoi could tell when he wasn't telling the whole truth. "Mom has a drinking problem Yoi. When she drinks to much, she's not thinking right, and she lashes out."
Yoi curled up in his lap, and peeked up at him from behind her long hair. "But why does momma drink?"
James rubbed his temple and looked down at Yoi sadly. "She drinks because it reminds her of her dad. She's unhappy and hides it behind the stupor that being drunk brings."
Yoi cuddled against James's chest. "Promise me you'll never drink Jamey. Please?" She sounded so innocent, but at the same time demanding.
James rubbed her back as she hugged him. "I promise Yoi, I'll never leave you. I squidling promise."

-----------------Flashback Ends-----------------

Cassia looked at Yoi, concerned as small tears started rolling down Yoi's face as she started blankly off into the distance. "Yoi? What's wrong?" Yoi didn't respond, so Cassia went and sat next to her on the bed.
Yoi started and stared at Cassia, her eyes filled with sadness as her tears slowly stop. "No-nothing..." She wiped her tears away and took a shuddering breath, trying to calm down.
Cassia could sense now was not the time to ask, so she just sat stiffly on the bed, resisting her urge to make Yoi tell her.
Yoi looked up at Cassia, noticing her set jaw. "I'm- I'm sor-sorry..." she whispered, looking down again.
Cassia rolled her eyes, unnoticed by Yoi. "Yoi there's nothing to be sorry for. Do you want me to come back later?"
Yoi peeked up at Cassia, her eyes wide again. "Ye-yes ple-please. Ju-just fo-for a bit thou-though."
Cassia got up from the bed and walked back over to the door. She looked back and saw Yoi was curled up under her blanket again. She sighed and walked out, shutting the door behind her quietly.
Cassia walked down the hall, her hand still on the hilt of her sword. She walled with an intent, and all the squids that passed her knew better than to bother her. She was walked out of the building, heading for the one she knew Derp Squid was living in. She stopped at the door and knocked twice. "Squid it's me, Cassia. We need to talk."

_______________________________________
So.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Was it good, or utter crap? Cuz my new story I'm working on is in the same style and I want to know before I continue if this way of writing is ok with y'all.
I have a few chapters done already, I just need to type them up and publish it here and such, but if y'all hate this way of writing, I'l go back and see if I can change it ;-; ....
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
kawaiiKiya29 tell me if you don't like anything having to deal with Yoi, or I messed something with her up.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
But anyways... Did y'all like part 1 of a possible new book...?

How about this:
If I end up writing say...... 10 of these 'chapters' I'll turn it into a book. Sound good to y'all?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to leave a vote and comment down below what you thought!

~ ©@$$¡@