ExCUsE mE

_______________________________________

     She was sitting at her desk, doodling like always. The movie had just ended, so the students were bored. From behind her she heard a girl protest that she didn't always know when she was flirting.
Now because this is highschool, the first comment fired back was "Cuz you're a hoe."
That's when people started being crazy. Sick and tired of the ways people treated each other, the girl daydreamed about what she would tell them if she wasn't so scared of the backlash.

~daydream~

     She stood up swiftly and faced the rest of the class, a scowl dark enough to rival even the meanest of bullies. "What is WRONG with you people?!" she thundered, drawing the eye of every student. "How DARE you sit there and act like it's fine to behave like this! Every SINGLE day, ALL OF YOU act like a bunch of monsters who think that it's FINE to act rude! You bully one another, you fight each other, and then you turn around and do it again!"

     She took a breath and let her furious gaze sweep over the stunned crowd. She had never exploded like this before. "Not everyone is fine with how you treat them! ALL of you know my story, every SINGLE one of you has been a tormentor or mine at one point in time since I arrived in this god forsaken town!"

     By now, whispers had broken out among the students. Suddenly, someone shouted out. "Bitch sit your ass down!"

     Her gaze snapped to the boy who had shouted. She walked toward him, the class parting to let her through to him. "You just don't know when to quit, do you?" she hissed.
     The defiant look on his face changed to one of terror, and he started to back up. "Hey now, no need to get hasty!" he said quickly, his eyes widening as he hit the back wall.
     "One more word out of you, and you'll regret the day you first saw me" she snarled in a low voice.

     She returned to the front of the classroom​. "Now that I have you attention, I'm going to tell you all a story."

     "In 6th grade a girl moved to a small town with her family. She was a quiet kid, and she wasn't very social. Because she was different, she became an outcast."

     She lowered her volume, making the others have to hush to hear her. "Day in, day out. She was bullied constantly, the poison tipped barbs of others words stripping away who she was. Once a sweet girl who wanted a friend, now transformed into a shell of her former self."

     "But one day, in 7th grade, she finally snapped. Kicking someone who had stolen her bag landed her in ISS. The girl believed that showing that she refused to be pushed around would send the bullies a message to back off."

                         "It didn't."

     She cast her gaze around the room once more, everyone was looking down, at the wall, anywhere but back at her. They were ashamed of how they acted.

     "To this day that girl holds a high level of resentment for how she's treated. Every single day she has to hold back a million snarky comments, a hundred roasts, sometimes even a few punches."

      "Every day she dies a little inside."

"You broke her."

     She cast a final glare around the half circle​ of kids. "Next time you need to think about who you pick on. I'll be watching you all."

Then she was gone. She had simple vanished, and the whole class shivered in fear.

~back irl~

     The bell rang, shaking her from her daydream. With a sigh she stood up and retrieved her phone, for she had it plugged in, and went off to her next class.