Squid Dimension

((A/N I weep for humanity when I find pictures like this on Google+))

--------The day before the help call--------

After Cassia had discussed things with the Squid King, she headed back to the dorm. She figured Yoi had had plenty of time to figure out her crap and she needed answers. She entered the room and found Yoi asleep on the top bunk. "Oh come on! Ugh now I have to wait for her to wake up." She groaned, expressing her disappointment and irritation.
Cassia climbed into the bottom bunk and tried to fall asleep, yet her thoughts kept her awake. 'Why was Yoi a neko? Where did she come from? Why on earth did I turn my back on SkyArmy for this crap?' And the one thought that bothered her the most, 'What next?'
As the night wore on, Cassia stayed awake, bothered by her currently unanswered questions. She finally fell asleep around 2am, exhausted to the point the her body simply shut down.

--------8 hours later--------

Cassia was woken abruptly by the sound of a loud wail of fear from Yoi. She quickly flipped out of bed and looked at Yoi. "Why the hell are you being loud?!"
Yoi didn't speak, she simply pointed one shaking hand at the window that gave a view of most of the town.

Outside was on fire. The world was in flames, broken up by the screams of the squids as they tried to escape whatever horror had caused this.

Cassia cursed under her breath. "Dammit I should have known he wouldn't stay dead forever." She turned to Yoi and spoke sharply. "If you want to live, you need to follow my instructions EXACTLY. Do you understand me Yoi?"
Yoi nodded timidly and edged closer to Cassia in fear, pressing up against her.
"Ugh get off me." Cassia growled as she pushed Yoi away. "When I say run, you run like the devil himself is after you. Head for the obsidian bunker on the far side of the village. I'll meet you there. Oh and don't die." With those words she grabbed her holodevice and ran out into the hall, then kept going, fiddling with the device to get it to work. Finally it sparked to life. "Hello?! Is anyone out there?" There was no response. "If anyone is out there, I have bad news!" Still no answer, so she had no other choice. "I know you're there. I need your help! Its utter chaos because Skybrine is taking over! Yoi and I are in danger!" The holodevice died again. "GOD DAMMIT!" Cassia thrust the thing in her pouch, summoning her sword at the same time. Once outside she flew in the air behind Skybrine. "You didn't come here for them Skybrine. Stop torturing innocents!"
Skybrine whipped around, a fireball in his hand. "Ah so I was right. You did turn your back on my army. Shame. I had big plans for you."
Cassia snarled. "It's not your army @sshole. Its Adam's, not yours. You were never meant to exsist, here or in any other dimension!"
Skybrine laughed. "I see you haven't changed a bit. You're forgetting one teensy tiny detail though."
Cassia glared at him. "My readers don't need to know that little tidbit, and so help me god if you tell them I'll kill you and banish your ashes to the void. I did it once, I can do it again."
Skybrine smirked and spread his arms out. "And yet I'm here. You of all people should know I can't be killed, you've known me long enough to understand that."
Cassia gave him her death glare. "Look around you. You caused this. What the hell happened to you that you turned out this way?! You used to fight your brine side, that's the Sky I knew. I don't know any Skybrine." She spat out bitterly.
He just threw back his head and laughed. "You really should embrace your other side like I did. You'll find you're much better off."

Yoi sprinted out of the room, and bolted for the door. Once outside she streaked toward the the obsidian bunker, but froze when she heard raised voices. She turned into her kitten form to hide and peeked out from under part of a destroyed building. "Cas-Cassia?" she whimpered, terrified of the loud noises.

Both Cassia and Skybrine whipped around at the sound. It was Cassia who spoke first. "Yoi I told you to follow my instruction, I only gave you one! Run!"

Skybrine laughed. "So this is why you abandoned my army. To care for another silly dimension jumper. News flash kid, they all die eventually." He laughed as he got ready to throw his fireball at the girl.
Cassia shot a panicked look at Yoi, still crouched under a bit of damaged building "Yoi run!"

Yoi bolted, streaking across the village still in her cat form. She kept hitting things in her blind rush and when she arrived at the obsidian bunker, she crawled inside and promptly passed out from fear and shock, bleeding from multiple cuts from the sharp edges she hit on her way.

Cassia quickly shot a disarming spell at Skybrine, temporarily knocking him out. She watched him tumble out of the air, then flew to the bunker. "Sh*t..." She growled as she saw Yoi passed out. She picked her up and ripped a hole in reality once more, stepping through to a new dimension. She sealed up the vortex, then laid Yoi down on the soft grass. "I hope to god Skybrine doesn't know of this dimension..." She muttered as she started to clean and bandage Yoi's multiple cuts from running into everything in her headalong flight from Skybrine.

--------a few hours later--------

Once Cassia was done fixing up Yoi, she wrote a note and placed it next to her, weighing it down with a few stones.

-Yoi I'll be back soon hopefully, I have gone to get food. If I don't return in an hour, head to the nearest village. The other nekos will take care of you. Give them the second letter. They'll understand what it means, I've been in this dimension before.-

-This neko's name is Yoi. She is under my protection, and if she is here, I was unable to care for her due to circumstances beyond my control. Give her a place to live, and take care of her. If you don't, I will find you and it will not be pleasant. Every neko knows my story, you all know what I am capable of. Do not disappoint me, or you will regret it. Please care for Yoi until she is ond enough to take care of herself. ~C -

Cassia scribbled a map to the village at the bottom, and walked off to find something to eat. She found an apple tree forest quickly, and started pulling the apples from one of the many trees and placing them in the basket she summoned for that purpose.

After about 15 minutes, she felt something was off and whipped around and scanned the forest. She didn't see anything, but kept her guard up as she went back to apple collecting.

She heard the high pitched whistle of something flying toward her and whipped around just in time for the dart to hit he square in the chest. Cassia collapsed, and the last thing she saw was a man come out from behind a tree and walk toward her. She tried to fight the sedative, but her eyes closed and she passed out completely.