Neko Dimension

Yoi woke up with a start, and looked around frantically for Cassia. She didn't see her, but the two notes waving in the slight breeze caught her eye. She turned back into human form and picked them both up and read the one addressed to her, then looked up at the sky to check the time.
      The sun was slowly setting, which meant Yoi had been unconscious for several hours. She got up trembling and looked at the map again. She had to choose between saving herself or going after Cassia, and the choice made her remember another situation similar.

              ----flashback start----

     Yoi was under her bed hugging her squid plushie and trembling as loud explosions were heard downstairs accompanied by the crash and tinkle of various things being broken.
      James ran into her room, bruised and a bit cut up. He pulled anything that wasn't nailed down and piled it against the door to stop whatever was downstairs. He finished and turned to the rest of the room. "Yoi! Yoi where are you??" He started looking frantically around for her.
      Yoi poked her head out from under the bed. "I-i'm rig-right her-here Jam-James." She whispered, her words even more choppy than normal because of the fear she was feeling.
     James ran over and knelt down so he was face to face with his little sister. "Yoi I'm going to tell you something and you need to follow my directions exactly. Do you understand?" Yoi nodded timidly. "Ok. You need to stay here, stay hidden until I come get you. Don't go downstairs for any reason, and whatever you do don't follow me. Do you understand?" James cast a glance back at the door, the noises coming closer.
     "Prom-promise you-you'll co-come b-back?" She whispered.
     James pushed her back under the bed and pulled the covers down to hide her better. "I'll try my best Yoi, but I can't promise I'll be back for sure. Remember Clancy? She'll come find you if I can't." He handed Yoi his little squid toy. "Take care of this until I come back." James stood back up and walked over to the door and moved enough objects to slip out.
     A male voice, not James but deeper, sounded from outside the door. "Where's your sister boy?" It demanded.
     James replied in a biting tone, one he had never used before. "None of your business."
      The man laughed, deep and booming. "Oh but it is. She doesn't belong here. Give her to me and I'll spare your life."
     James replied in an outraged tone. "Just because she's a neko doesn't mean she doesn't belong. You'll never have her!"
     The man's voice was no longer amused. "You had your chance boy."
     A blindingly bright flash came from outside the door and a thud is heard as James crumpled to the floor. The man blasted open the barricaded door with ease and stepped in, then scanned the room.
      When he was unable to find her easily he sighed. "You should've come out neko. It would have made it easier on your brother." He turned and walked back into the hallway where he bent over and picked up James' limp body. "Say goodbye to him little one." He called out before teleporting away.

               ----flashback ends----

     Yoi bowed her head, tears falling as she remembered. She wasn't going to let that happen to anyone again. Not if she could do anything about it. She put the notes in her pocket then transformed back into a kitten, as her senses were stronger in that form, and started sniffing the air. She caught Cassia's scent quickly and started off, following her scent.

_______________________________________

HUZZAHI finally had a good idea for Yoi. :3
If you liked this chapter make sure to hit the like button and leave a comment down below.

Until next time,

~©@$$/@