The Past Remembered, The Future Unplanned

A teenage girl sat on her bed, chatting with her EA family on Amino. Little did she know, her whole world was about to change. That night, her last as a 16 year old, she went to bed with a single wish. She wanted to be a pony, instead of just pretending.
She woke up as the clock struck midnight, jolting awake and peering into the darkness. She rubbed her eyes sleepily and noticed she had hooves, instead of hands. In a flash she jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, then stared in shock at the mirror. "Thi-this can't be true!" She looked at herself in the dim light of the bathroom, slightly freaking out at the drastic changes. She closed her eyes and tried to take deep breaths to calm down. When she reopened her eyes she wasn't in her bathroom anymore.

     She now stood at the end of a long, wide hallway. Along both walls ripples identical ribbons of color, the color itself changing as it progressed.

     She started down the long hall uneasily, pausing at some of the scenes upon the wall.

The first section of color was a soft purple, the images of a foal's fillyhood.

Her birth, the smiles of joy upon her parents' faces
Her first words
Her first steps
Her first friend

Then the color changed as she continued to walk along the blue carpeted hall. Now it was a shining red, the images starting with the same filly's first day of school. She paused and looked at this image, for it seemed familiar.

-image start-

A shy little pony with no cutie mark stood at the entrance to the school house. She took a deep breath and mumbled to herself. "You can do this because momma said you can."

with no cutie mark stood at the entrance to the school house. She took a deep breath and mumbled to herself "You can do this because momma said you can."
She gathered her courage and stepped through the doorway. She sat down in her seat and started reading a book as she waited for the other fillies and colts to file in and settle down.
When everyone was finally in the classroom the teacher closed the door and stood at the front of the room. "Ok class settle down so I can call roll!" The class quieted instantly.
The teacher went down the list calling names and waiting for the response of 'here!' Then she arrived at the small pony's name and paused, unsure of how to say it. She peered over the top of her glasses at the filly, and cleared her throat. "Ms. Bark would you please inform me on how to pronounce your first name?"
The filly looked up at her name. "It's Cassia ma'am." she said quietly, her cheeks burning.
The class continued without interruptions until recess time. Cassia took her book outside with her to read while the others played out in the field, screeching with joy. She didn't have anyone, so she just watched them play.
The rest of the day went by without incident, and the filly went home.

-image end-

     Cassia blinked in shock as she stepped away from the image. It was of her first day of school, but it was as if she was a pony. She realized the other images were of the same nature. "What on earth is this place?" she said aloud, her quiet voice echoing in the empty hallway.

A little rattled, she kept walking down the hall. She still had no idea why she was here, or how to escape. All she could do was keep going.

The next image she stopped at was her first year at middle school, recognizable by the first image. She shuddered, remembering that fateful year when everything went wrong.

-image start-

This was a new town, full of new opportunities. Or so she thought. Going into middle school as a 6th grader in a small town like Ponyville, where everyone knew everyone else and their dog, wasn't exactly easy for her.
As the new kid, she was bullied a lot. So, she became meek, trying to blend in with the crowd.
She didn't know any other way to fight back.
The bullies kept going, continuing to torment Cassia. Then one day, she had had enough.
She lashed back. She became bitter, cruel, unforgiving. She went after ever bully that had done her wrong, spoke trash about her, or spread the lies that hurt her so much.
As the year drew to a close, she did the unthinkable. She physically hurt somepony.
She had even shocked herself with this, and all through summer she was tormented, a prisoner of her own making. She had gone too far, and her mind was punishing her for her actions.
She had no friends, no one to turn to. No one to say 'its not your fault'. No one to hold her as she cried for hours in her room upstairs.
She was shunned by all the other ponies, pushed away every time she tried to make amends.