Chapter 18

A/n. This book wouldn't at all be possible without you fans or readers that voted and commented to spur me on. If I could dedicate it to all of you I would. I love you guys. Give yourself a one armed hug from me!!

Chapter 18

Xander came screaming in the kitchen knocking me off balance so the knife dropped onto the floor and skidded underneath the skirting board.

I fell onto all fours with Xander bending down towards me asking if I was ok.

I crouched on my knees looking up noticing the silence in the room. All the ladies was looking at me.

I got up and dusted off my jogging bottoms. Letting Xander know he had nothing to apologize for.

The little boy then ran off into the main house saying he was late for his lesson.

"You ok Lisa?" Tammy as breaking the tense silence.

"I'm fine just winded." I replied while closely inspecting the the pocket of my hoodie. Not wanting to raise suspicion for what I was really about to do.

"Oh no!" Jessica came towards me and pulled out my hand. "Your palm is bleeding."

I flinched as she touched me. Those same hands that touched my mate are touching me.

When I looked at my hand I noticed a small two inch long cut. I don't think it was too deep as I couldn't feel a thing. Even when she clean with with alcohol my body didn't respond. No pain what so ever. I felt empty and unaware of things around me.

Tammy pulled me to sit next to her as soon as my hand was bandaged up.

"How come I didn't see you last night?" she asked. I looked at her blankly. My mind tried to register why she didn't see me but all I could see is Jessica across the table smiling like she didn't have a care in the world.

I felt a hard pressure on my arm to see Tammy pinching me. I look at her. She gasped and pulled away.

"What is with you Lisa." She demanded her sharp voice gathered the attention of the others. "I just mated and you don't even say congratulations. Don't be jealous cause mine is not no secret love."

She wanted to know what was wrong hmm. I tell her what's the matter starting with that bitch over there.

I opened my mouth to speak but low and behold the Alpha and his impeccable timing. He strode into the room like a Lion. His eyes penetrating deep into me. I twitch in my seat my anger abating my wolf submitting to the dominant power in the room.

"Ladies. I spoke with your mates. You be going to your pack lands later today or tomorrow as soon as your mates are ready. Laura and Lisa shall travel back immediately." He took a quick glimpse of Laura to include her in the conversation.

He then left the room. Without a backward glance I got up and ran after him. He was a tall man. Well over six feet almost seven. His long strides brought him to his office. I sneaked him after him when he would of closed the door.

He looked almost surprised that I would of followed him. He shut the door and moved to sit behind his desk. I took the time too look around his office. The room was painted beige and he had a book case in the left hand corner.

He sat behind a black wooden desk with a desktop apple pc on the side. He had documents organized in a pile. For an Alpha like him. I didn't expect his office to be so warmly with pictures of his family and pack across the room. I guess his mother must of bad some input in the way the room is.

He placed his hands in a sort of peace gesture on the desk. "What do you want Lisa?"

I sat down in the comfy armchair opposite his. The desk between us but we seem far apart.