Chap 29

Chapter 29

Seb pulled me into the room and locked the door. His hand was like a brand on my arm. He spun me around to face him. 

I pulled my arm out of his tight grip and stepped further backwards into the room. The room was just a spare games room that the teenagers use to play video games. I moved further backward till my legs bumped against the computer table. 

"What are you doing?" I asked. "Where’s Alex? I thought he came in this direction."

"Alex is not here." He took a step towards me. His dark brown eyes bearing into mine. "You are Mi-"

He screamed as he clutched his head to crouch low to the floor. His whole face went a shade of red as he struggled to breathe. I was about to take a step forward to place my hands on him to offer him some sort of comfort. 

He stood up. Visibly shaken by what happened. 

"You're my -" He cut himself off as if he was thinking about what his next words were going to be. He pointed to me. "You're my-- ME!!"

"I'm you?" I said confused. 

He started to make frantic gestures with his hands. “We are together." He said after a while.

Then it dawned on me. The Alpha put him under a command of not to pursue our mating.

"We are not together."  I said strongly. My hand coming to my baby bump. Protecting us both from Sebastian. "You had your choice and you choose her."

"I didn't have a choice." He tried to reason. "If you would have waited a year then I could have gotten everything sorted."

I felt my anger rise up. Me to wait a year. A year for what. "Why should I have waited for my mate to claim me?"  I took a step towards him waving my hands. "Why shouldn't you have just of been a normal mate by biting and claiming me but no you want me to wait!"

"Jessica," He began. "She is pregnant with my baby. I didn't know she was at the time I met you. I came back to tell her it was over but she told me about the baby. I have to wait till she and the baby is secure before I could ---" He started to stammer obviously frustrated at not being able to tell me the full extent at what he was feeling. "Jessica means nothing to me. I only wanted to be a father."

"Some dad you will make when you cannot even be a proper mate." I sneered.

He gave me a dark look. "You are one to talk. It didn't take you that long to be knocked up by my Alpha" He gave my bump a dirty look and spat on the floor in the corner. A direct insult to me and my baby.

I gasped. "How dare you!!" 

"You should be still lucky that I want---" He took a deep breath fighting the hold that the Alpha had over him. "You. If it’s a boy he can stay here. A girl can stay with you."

"What. The. Fuck?" I stared at him in bewilderment. The difference between the Alpha and his beta seemed more pronounced to me at the moment. The Alpha would have taken on this baby regardless of the sex but Seb only wanted to look after a girl because he was scared of competition. 

"Who says I wanted to be with you in the first place!" I was outraged. "Stay with Jessica because I do not want you. You had your chance. You could have told Jessica."

"I will not be denied my ma--" I saw his whole body go rigid. "Never tell Jessica about us. She is dangerous. That why I have to handle this situation delicately."

"The Alpha will not allow you to be with me even if I decide to be with you." I felt my heart go in my chest. I know now that I am making the right decision before I left my pack when Seb turned up for dinner I would have still accepted him. Now his character has shown me he is not the mate for me. I almost laughed at his perception of Jessica. She is just a dump ditzy blonde. She always seemed pleasant to me just slightly obsessed with Seb to my liking.