Chapter 10

Chapter 10

KAT'S POV:

On Pan's orders, the Lost Boys cleaned up the mess that surrounded James.

Leaving only his body out in the open.

I took a large piece of cloth from my tent and wrapped it around his body.

I was kneeling next to him, silently sobbing, when a few of the Lost Boys I had befriended came up to me.

"Sorry Kat. He was a good kid." Marcus groaned.

"Yeah, he was pretty fun to be around. " Liam added.

"Wish we coulda done something Kat." Deven stated.

I appreciated their kind words but I couldn't deal with useless mumbling right now.

"Thanks guys, but I really just want to be alone right now."

"We just wanna help ya Kat." Liam said.

"Guys, please go."

Marcus leaned and put a hand on my shoulder but that's when I lost it.

I asked them to leave and now they were just bothering me.

My anger gathered in my throat and it escaped through my tears and sorrow.

"GO AWAY!" I commanded.

The three boys went flying into the air and smacked into the ground a good twenty feet away.

I felt the burst of wind surrounding my body when I shrieked.

I must have used my ... magic.

Though I didn't mean to.

I continued to sob over James's body as I heard the boys grumble and stalk off.

What was the first thing Pan taught me?

Never let your emotions cloud your abilities.

As soon as I thought of Pan all that anger came plowing back.

He tried to strangle that mermaid.

Then he almost killed me in the process!

And James.

He didn't even hesitate to kill my poor, little brother.

My cries becoming louder.

I gently pulled the cloth off his face and stared at his small features.

He was a brilliant kid.

Always had good grades in school, had loads of friends at home.

He stood up for me when I needed help and did what he could to make my life easier.

He was my best friend in the entire world.

And now he was gone.

I pushed a piece of his scraggly brown hair behind his ear, that was now crusted with blood.

A tear rolled down my face and landed on his cheek.

"I'm so sorry," I breathed quietly into his neck.

"I didn't mean for this to happen to you. I didn't beileve that Pan would actually kill and innocent boy. But now I know better."

I laughed a little,

"You know, I forgive you. For pushing me into that hole. I would have rather something bad happen to me than you, and now look at us. The two unluckiest children in the world." I sniffled and calmly stroked his forehead.