Chapter 36: Welcome to Fairy Meadow

KAT'S POV:

The journey the rest of the way was continued in an extreme awkward silence. I refused to tell Tink who the boy was for fear of someone else finding out, and Tink refused to talk to me until I told her what was going on.

"It's really no big deal!" I pleaded as I flashed ahead and waited for her to catch up.

"No big deal?" She replied, "One of Pan's Lost Boys has been, and is continuing, to follow us and you're not the least bit worried Pan's gonna find out? Do you have any idea what he'll do to you?" Her eyes got wide, "To me?"

"Don't worry Tink. This boy wouldn't tell Pan even if he threatened to kill him."

"And how are you so sure about that?"

I shrugged and played with my topaz necklace, "I just know."

She rolled her eyes, "Just because some magic stone starts glowin doesn't mean he's trustworthy."

"It's true love, Tink. I know he won't say anything."

"Is this that Deven boy I've heard you say before?" She asks.

"I can't answer yes or no to that Tink."

She huffed and walked faster.

I struggled to keep up, "Tink, why can't you understand?"

She wouldn't answer. She just keep walking. Finally I flashed in front of her, forcing her to stop.

"Listen, you need to just trust me, okay? Look at what we're doing right now. We're going to get your wings back. I'M doing it for you. And I'm not saying that I don't already owe it to you, I do, but honestly. If this... boy... was going to say anything to Peter, don't you think he would have already?"

Tinkerbell continued to stare at the floor, not making eye contact with me.

"I would never let Peter do anything to you, Tink. It's pretty obvious that my magic matches his strength, so I would be able to protect you."

She finally cracked and looked up at me, "You're really as strong as him?"

I smiled with relief, "I think so. I've only tested it twice."

We kept walking.

"Alright, Kat. I trust you. But don't be puttin us in any danger. And if you think something is ever up, you let me know."

"Of course."

"No, I'm serious. If he ever makes you do anything I'll teach him a real less-" I abruptly cut her off by shushing her.

"What is it?" She asked, "Can't handle the truth?" I slammed my hand over her mouth.

"Seriously, be quiet."

I closed my eyes and listened closely. I could have sworn I heard something.

A soft buzz.

After a few moments in silence I removed my hand from Tink's mouth. "Sorry. I thought I heard something."

"Wow, that actually hur-"

"Shhh!" I motioned again.

I definitely heard something this time. More distinct. More audible. More... wing like.

I looked to my left and pointed to a bush.

"Hurry. Get down." I whispered.

We both crouched down beneath the bush and not a moment later, a male fairy in a purple uniform flew overhead towards the north.

Once the man was visibly (or my type of visibly) gone, we got up.

Tink brushed the dirt from her pants.

"I can't believe you heard that. He was totally silent."

I tapped on my ears, "Not to these babies. I can hear and see in a way you guys can't."

"That's crazy!" Tink smiled.

I tightened my bag strap.

"So who was that guy?"

"By the looks of his uniform, I'd say he's a royal guard."

She began walking in the same direction the fairy flew off and I quickly caught up.

"What was he doing out here?"

"He must be on patrol. They surround the Fairy Kingdom and look for trouble."

I surveyed our surroundings, "We must be close then."

"I'd say we're just about there." She replied.

"And what makes you say that?" I wondered.

She pulled back a few branches from a tree in front of us and looked over it.

I did the same.

In the clearing was a rather large meadow filled to the brim with flowers and houses and fairies rushing about. And in the very back stood a castle that, even for a human, looked tremendous.

"Kat," Tink said through mesmerization, "Welcome to Fairy Meadow."

A/N: yay they made it!

So is it bad I already have this entire story planned out? Like even the ending?

I really hope you guys are enjoying this :)

5 comments for next Chapter ♡

Please don't forget to hit vote ☆