Chapter 23: What Lies in the Meadow

JAMES'S POV:

The book could have been anywhere else and I would have been perfectly content on finding it.

But Fairy Meadow?

Seriously?

I guess Mum wasn't kidding when she said this was going to be difficult.

But I have to get it.

I have to.

If I don't, then Pan will. And Kat will be in big trouble.

Pan was using her. There was no WAY he actually loved her.

They kissed, yes I saw. But, I was able to spend some time alone with him before Kat got here. And I also saw how vicious he can really be.

I've seen the wicked things he can do and the unspeakable things he plans to do.

And with Kat at her full capacity, and in his control....

No creature any any realm would be safe.

Mum told me a lot about that night Kat got her powers.

She told me how she thought the power would be a blessing, but it turned out to be a curse.

When the Blue Fairy cast the spell, it killed our older sister. Maggie.

I didn't even meet her yet I feel an unconditional love towards her.

And I most certainly feel the need to avenge her.

And there is no way on earth I am going to let another one of my sisters be taken away.

That's why I despise Fairies so much.

The particular fairies that I am about to encounter are known as Gwragedd Annwn, or in common tongue, the fairies who live in beautiful meadows and by lakes.

They are social fairies, meaning they have a King and Queen. Also a Prince and Princess.

As far as I know, there is Queen Serenity and King Leon. And they have a daughter who is Princess Maripoza and her husband Prince Nathaniel. Their family has been royalty as long as Neverland existed. Next in line are the Princess and Prince, and after them it will be their daughter or son.

The line will continue like that through millennias.

Fairies are supposedly immortal.

It's said that they were once angels who could not pick a side between the dark and the light so they stay neutral and live with Humans.

The Fairies in Neverland don't follow any of the rules that the other Fairys in other realms. There, they are all under the command of the Blue Fairy. But here, magic is old. And so is the Fairy culture. So they are left alone to govern their kingdom.

I came upon the edges of the forest where it turned into meadow.

As far as I could see there were flowers and tall grass, and little balls of light scattering back and forth.

Those were the Fairies. The nonroyal fae spent their days working on their craft.

Some were light fairies, water fairies, earth fairies. Each had a purpose that "served the greater good of the kingdom". Blah blah blah.

I sunk to the floor and did my best to crawl through the grass. Hopefully it would conceal me.

Right now, the only place I can think of the Book to be is in the Grand Hall of the Fairies. Where the Royalty live.