Chapter 22: A Neverland Party

PETER'S POV:

The Boys finished their momentary outbursts and immediately ran to find their instruments and sticks.

I noticed Deven talking to Kat privately for a bit and it made me uncomfortable.

I hopped down from the tree stump and strode over to them.

"Deven, is there a reason you aren't gathering wood like the others?"

"No, um, I'll go do it." He mumbled.

Once he disappeared I studied Kat.

"What?" She questioned.

"What were you two talking about?"

"Nothing important." She said smiling at the ground.

Kat is so hard to read.

One moment I know exactly how she feels about life and the next she's like a puzzle.

I knew how she felt about me back in the forest but now, I'm not too sure.

To check this feeling, I put my fingers on her chin and tilted it upward, forcing her to look into my eyes.

She didn't hesitate to lean in and kiss me.

Okay, I definitely know how she feels now.

I look into her eyes and wrap my arms around her waist.

"I like your eyes better this color."

She sheepishly grinned and looked away.

Max and Will came dashing back into camp but stopped short when they saw Kat in my arms.

I sighed, looks like our private moment is over.

I untangled myself from her and cleared my throat,

"Don't just stand there, put the wood in the fire pit!"

Their smiles returned as they threw the wood down and sat around it, patiently waiting for their brothers to return.

Kat smiled up at me before she started to walk towards the Boys.

"Wait," I called as I snatched her wrist.

She spun around and waited for what I had to say.

"By the looks of your current attire, it won't last much longer."

She scanned her outfit and shrugged, "I suppose you're right."

"Go check my tent. There should be something better for you to wear in there."

Her eyes full of wonder, she paced over to my tent and stepped inside.

One by one the Boys came back into camp carrying sticks and toys.

Liam, Deven, Felix, Arthur, Todd, Chris. Until each of them was sitting around an unlit fire, waiting for me to light it.

I just stood there, not moving to light it. Because I was also waiting.

For Kat.

The Boys whispered every now and then, most likely wondering when the Party would begin.

After what felt like ages, Kat emerged from my tent, and boy had she never looked more amazing.

Everybody's heads seemed to turn in her direction and stare in awe.

She had found the dress I left her.

A light blue, slim fitting dress with other blue gems around the neck line. Her hair was neatly woven into what looks like a braid that is draped over her shoulder. There are tiny green flowers pressed into her blonde hair, which I have no idea where she found those. Maybe she conjured them.