Epilogue

35 years later,
                  Storybrooke (before curse was broken)

PETER'S POV:

I walk through the door of my two bedroom apartment and place my briefcase by the door. I take off my coat and loosen my tie as I shout, "Wendy, I'm home!"

I sit down on the coffee table and start untying my shoes. Wendy pokes her head around the kitchen wall and smiles at me

"Hi, honey. How was work?"

I sigh and throw my shoe next to my briefcase, "Same as usual. Lots of paperwork and I had three meetings today. Can you believe that? Three in a row! Jimmy and I were able to slip away for lunch around noon but Leroy pulled us back for meeting number three were we got to hear the not so interesting story of his college years."

She moved back into the kitchen and I could hear her stirring something, "Aw, I'm sorry, dear. At least it's over now!"

I toss my other shoe over and walked into the kitchen. Wendy was mixing something in a bowl that smelled delicious.

"What is that?" I ask.

"I'm baking a cake for John's birthday. You do remember it's today, right?"

I realize I had completely forgotten about until now but fake a smile, "Of course I do."

"Good," she smiled, "Because him and Barbara will be over in an hour."

She turns her back to me and continues stirring. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, kissing her neck.

"You sure they have to come over?"

She giggles and puts a hand over mine, "Yes, dear. They do."

I sigh and kiss her neck again. She turns around to face me and I tighten my grip around her lower back.

"But," she grins, "They'll be gone by ten."

I smile, "Oh really?"

She nodds and smiles as she leans forward and kisses me. I feel her hands move up to my cheeks as we kiss and she laughs into the kiss, pulling away.

"What is it?" I question.

"You need to shave," she smiles as she rubs my face, "Though stuble does suit you well, it's unprofessional."

I chuckle and kiss her once more before letting go and walking towards the bedroom, "Fine." I groan.

"And why don't you change while you're in there?" She calls.

I shut the door and unbutton my shirt. I toss it in the dirty laundry pile and stroll into the bathroom. I hum a tune as I dig through the cabinet for a razor. I don't actually know where I've heard the tune before. It just sort of... came to me. It reminded me of the noise a flute makes so I hummed it often. I looked into the mirror and examined my chin.

"It's not that noticeable..." I mumbled.

I had just found the razor when I heard a bang from the bedroom. I froze and looked into my own eyes in the mirror, confused.

"Wendy?" I called, but there was no answer. I put the razor on the sink counter and peeked into the bedroom. There was no sign of anybody in the room, but a chill breeze made me realize that the window was open.

"I don't remember opening that?" I said aloud as I scratched my head. I walked over and looked around outside. The night was quiet except for the crickets in the bushes below. Our apartment was on the fourth floor and each night we had the most spectacular view of the sunset from it. I reached up and pulled the window shut, making sure to lock it.