Chapter 26: Korri

JAMES POV:

I barely had enough courage to raise my head at the Fairy king and queen.

There are no words that can truly describe how much I hate the Fairies....

With whatever courage I managed to find, I stood up respectfully,

"My greatest apologies for intruding on your land, fair sir and ma'am. I meant no disrespect nor harm to you or your people."

"Pah," the King snickered.

"We have heard this speech a myriad times before,"

"And we will hear it a myriad times more before we leave the throne." His wife, the Queen, finished.

"But I am telling the truth. I did not come into this village to cause any kind of ruckus or rampage, that is why I tried to remain hidden. I did not want to alarm any of you. I simply wanted to complete my task and leave, unnoticed." I said.

"Well, human one, your wants do not concern me. What does concern me is this task you speak of," he tugged on his beard, "Tell us more about that."

If I tell them what I intended to do, they'll kill me on the spot. Maybe I should lie?

"King Leon, sir, I am here on a mission. A mission from my mother, for my sister. Now this may sound like a normal journey of a stupid young man, but I assure you it is more than that. I am here to find something. A book, to be more precise. A book that may be found in the Great Hall, sir."

The King removed his hand from his face and slowly put it on the handle of his chair, "Which book?"

"I'm not exactly sure what the title of it would be, sir. My mother left it here many moons ago for me to find so that I may save my sister from the evil that awaits her."

"Evil?" The Queen inquired.

"Yes, good Queen. Peter Pan. He intends to use my sister for a sinister purpose and destroy many realms, including this one."

I did my best to remain formal, and under control. But really I'm petrified.

The King and Queen exchanged a glance then both laughed,

"There hasn't been a human girl on this island for almost 30 mortal years. You must be mistaken, boy." Then he nodded to the guards.

"Take him into the dungeon."

My heart sunk a million miles.

"No!" I shouted as two large fairies began pulling me away.

I did my best to push foward and escape their grips but it was pointless, "No! Please believe me! I'm telling the truth, I swear!"

They just sat there as I was dragged away and thrown down two flights of stairs.

Finally I stopped tumbling and landed at the bottom with a thud.

I shot up and raced to the top of the stairs but the door was closed. It was almost pitch black except for the small barred window in the corner of the room that provided a weak supply of light.

"Please! Let me out! I can explain more!" I was banging at the door until my hands bled, "Please!" I begged.

"Just -- let me out." I slumped against the door and slid to the floor in defeat.

My hands throbbed and my legs stung from standing.

I put my face in my heads and closed my eyes.

There must be something I can do. SOMETHING. I can't just rot in here while Kat is in trouble! She is depending on me!

Out of the silence I heard a small crackle. Startled, my head popped off my lap and I stood up.

I slowly walked down the steps, expecting someone to be at the bottom, but it was empty.

Then I heard the noise again.

A faint 'clink' that bounced off every wall and echoed.

I looked around the four walled cell and tried to find the noise.

'Clink', I heard it again. This time I walked over to the window, the only possible place it could be coming from. On my catious walk over there, I saw a pebble thrown in through the bars. I froze at first, but soon heard a hushed "Psssst!" coming from the other side.

I peered up through the bars and saw the source of the rocks.

It was a girl. And extremely beautiful girl. She had long, curly, red hair that fell in tassels around her heart shaped face. Pointy, fairy ears poked our from the sides of her head. She had light freckles splattered all over her face and some traveled down her arms which were exposed due to the shoulder cut dress she wore. I could also see her pink colored wings protruding from her back. Her eyes, an enchanting amber color, stared down at me as she was on her hands and knees.

"Who are you?" I said up to her.

"Shhh!" She yelled, then she looked over both shoulders.

"I've come to get you out of here." She replied.

"What? How did you even know I was in here?"

"I watched the guards bring you in."

"But, why would you want to help me?"

Her cheeks flushed a touch of red that quickly disappeared and returned with a sly smile, "I don't think an attractive boy like you, even a mortal, should waste away in a place like this."

I also felt my face get hot.

"Who sent you? Does Kat know you? Are you working for Pan?"

"Shut your mouth and stop asking so many questions before I change me blooming mind!" She demanded.

The girl threw down a rag,

"Cover your eyes and stand as far back as you can. I'm going to blow this thing off the hinges."

I grabbed the rag in my left hand but hoisted myself higher to the bars with my right,

"Wait! How do I know I can trust you? You could just be breaking me out to put me back in."

She thought about it for a moment and her nose wrinkled in confusion, "Hm," she daydreamed, "Guess you can't. But I'm the best shot you got at freedom at the moment, right?"

She stood up and closed her eyes, pulled a long and narrow stick from her satchel, where she had tossed me the rag.

"Stand back." She warned.

I was about to move but I stopped,

"Hold on!" I cried, my heart slamming into my chest with nerves, "Can I at least know your name?"

The girl opened her eyes and smiled down at me,

"Korri. My name is Korri."

I stood back and covered my entire head and I felt a strong gust of air and debris sprinkle on my hands.

I looked up and saw that the bars on the window were gone. As if they never existed.

Korri stuck her head in the new opening, "Come on! We have to hurry!"

I ran over and grabbed hold of her hand, then she helped pull me through the hole.

"Tha-"

"No time for that!" She interrupted, "This way, hurry up!"

Korri yanked on my hand and guided us though bushes and around guards, towards a big lake with a large tree on the other side.

A/N: Oooo new mystery girl with James? Anyone have guesses on who she is? Just a hint, her name is a HUGE clue!

Thanks for all the reads and votes my lovelies ♥

5 comments for Chapter 26 :)

Please don't forget to hit vote ☆