Chapter 28: Time to Learn

KAT'S POV:

Tinkerbell was standing now. Still in shock over what just happened.

"That was amazing!" I exclaimed in joy, "Just imagine how easily you can get your wings back!"

Her smile faded and she strode to an area near the fire pit with what looked like a blanket,

"We would need a royal fairy to do that. And I don't know about you, but I'm not on any first name basis with them."

"Are there any in Neverland?"

"Yes. A King and Queen. Over in Fairy Meadow."

Tink sat down and pulled the blanket around her.

"Than that's where we'll go." I said.

"What?"

"You heard me. First thing tomorrow, after this rain stops that is, we'll hike over to the meadow and I'll insist they do something. You deserve it Tink. Plus, maybe we can find some answers about my powers and such."

She had a warm smile on her cheeks, "Thanks Kat."

"Of course. You did take me in after... after-".

The memory hurt too much, it brought tears to my eyes again.

"Now now," Tink said, she must've noticed my expression, "I'll have no more crying here. There's an extra blanket over there that you can use. Find a comfortable place and get some rest. You'll need your energy for tomorrow."

I grabbed a scruffy blanket from next to hers and curled up behind the fire.

"Goodnight Tink"

"G'night dearie"

I closed my eyes and listened to the pitter-patter of the rain as I slipped into a blissful state of unconsciousness.

I was running through the forest.

My throat burning from the hot air and my eyes darting from tree to tree. I used my hands to push aside the branches in front of me as I ran like mad towards an unknown destination. A loud noise came from behind me and I turned my head, while still running. Suddenly, I slammed into a strong force and fell to the floor. Then whatever or whoever it was tackled me.

"Help!" I screeched, "Get off me!"

I heard a boyish laugh and opened my eyes to look at who it was.

"Hey, hey! Calm down. It's only me. I caught you. I win!".

It was Deven.

He was lying on top of me. His legs on my hips and his hands pinning down my arms. Our faces only inches apart.

"Deven?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, baby, what's wrong? Did you forget that I'm not actually hunting you?"

All I could do was mutter a jumble of words, "I-you-running-why?"

"Man. You must've hit your head pretty hard when I tackled you."

"I think so," I mumbled, "Why exactly did you tackle me?"

"So that I would win, duh!"

"What? Are you into games now? Just like Peter."

"Who?" He asked.

"Peter. Peter Pan. Your leader slash 'savior'. Ring a bell yet hot shot?"