Chapter 25: Topaz

KAT'S POV:

Storming away from Peter, my eyes were a blur from a mix of the rain and my tears.
I'm such an idiot! An IDIOT!
I keep letting him hurt me like this!
And the most painful part about it all?
Even after everything he keeps doing, my feelings for him stay the same.

The simple truth is..... I like him. A lot.
But right now I want him dead at the bottom of Mermaid's Lagoon!

As I'm running into the trees, I know I don't want Peter to follow me. I have to Flash somewhere.
Now is the time to do it.

Without even thinking about a specific place, I close my eyes and Flash to wherever my subconscious is thinking about.

With a loud "Umph" and an excruciating fall on my hands and knees, I Flash to somewhere.

I open my eyes and notice that I'm kneeling on hard rock. I look up and see I'm in a cave. I'm soaking wet, and my hair is in dripping strands around my face.

"Kat?" I hear a voice say.

I turn my face towards the other side of the cave only to see Tinkerbell sitting next to a small fire, holding a plate of food.

She put the food down and cautiously walks over to me.
"Are you alright?"
It took me a moment to process but immediately I jumped up and threw my arms around her neck.
"Oh Tink," I cried, "He's awful!"

She was shocked at first but soon wrapped her arms around me and began tenderly stroking my hair.
"Shhh, I know, I know. He's a jerk."
"He's more than that!" I half yelled, "He's a monster!"

Tink just kept consoling me, even through my mindless blabbering.
"Alright sweetheart, "she whispered with her enticing accent, "Let's get you out of these wet clothes, hm?"
I nodded with a small grin and wiped a tear away.

She brought me to a trunk of clothes she had in the back.
"Pick anything you'd like. Hopefully they fit." she giggled and walked back over to the fire pit, but not before rubbing my back one last time.

I pushed the top open to discover dozens of different types of clothing.
Dresses, pants, shorts, corsets, normal shirts, even some kind of bizarre half sleeve looking item.

My hands skimmed through the soft fabrics, until I discovered an outfit that I liked.

A loose, white shirt with a dark green corset top to go on top of it. Along with a pair of black, stretchy pants and dark brown boots.

I tore off my dress and put on the new, fresh clothing. The corset was tight, but not too tight. The boots fit perfectly, and the pants were delightful.

I brushed my hair back into a braid and cleaned the dirt from my skin with a rag.
I was about to walk back over to Tink when I remembered something Peter told me.

The dress was charmed to help me control my powers. And even though it was a painful reminder of him, I couldn't afford not to have that aid.

So I grabbed a small hunting knife from Tink's dresser and cut the dress into a few pieces.
One I used as a headband to wrap in my hair. And the other became a bracelet that tied to my arm.

I tossed the saggy dress back on the floor and heard an almost silent thud.
Did I leave something in my pocket?

I bent down once more and picked up the dress, sticking my hands into both pockets. The first had nothing, but the second contained a package with something in it.

It was what Deven gave me at the Party.
I unravelled the outside to see what was in it. Deven never specifically told me what was in it.

"When you're alone, open this up. I found it washed up on the beach and I thought of you." was what he whispered in my ear. Then he placed the small item in my hand, and that was when Peter interrupted.