Chapter 45: Faith

JAMES'S POV:

Kat placed a bloody finger along my cheek, "I-I'm sorry about T-T-tink."

"It's not your fault. Don't worry, Kat. Everything will be fine."

I couldn't get the words out fast enough. Actually, I could barely think straight at all.

She was bleeding. Bad.

Her entire abdomen was torn down the side and she looked extremely pale. Blood was dripping from the corner of her mouth and tears were sliding down her face.

I didn't know what to do. I just sat there, with her in my arms, rocking back and forth. Trying to calm her. When in reality, the situation was anything but calm.

Kat closed her eyes and panick swelled inside me.

"Kat? Oh god. Kat!"

I put my fingers to her neck and felt for a pulse. Slow, but still there.

I also noticed that she was ice cold.

She's lost a lot of blood and is continuing to do so. With shaking arms, I reach down and lift her shirt to see the damage, though I already know. And when I do, I wish I didn't. It looked even worse than what I imagined.

"Oh no no no no no!" I cry out.

I pull my hand back and wipe tears away. I look down at her face and see blood trailed down her neck.

I gently place Kat's head on the floor and turn away, spilling the contents of my stomach on the ground behind us. I heave up what's left in there and stand up again, wiping my mouth on my sleeve.

"THINK, JAMES. THINK!" I yell at myself.

I pace back and forth, trying to come up with a solution. My legs are wobbling as I move and my brain feels fuzzy.

"You can't lose her. Not now. Not after everything!"

I stop pacing and look down at her. I can see the wound slowly trying to heal itself but the progress is taking too long. By the time it finished, she'd likely be dead.

"THINK!" I slam my forehead in frustration.

There's the waterfall, but it's miles away and I don't have that much time.

I could try running back to Fairy Meadow, but that also would require leaving her here.

I gasp out loud, "The Book!"

I run over to my bag, where I put the book after Kat freaked out yesterday. I rip it out and frantically flip through the pages.

My eyes scan over each header until I find the one I'm looking for.

'Healing'

I read through what mom wrote.

She speaks about the waterfall and its abilities, the kindness of the fairy healers, and Kat's powers.

I sigh in frustration, "None of those will work!"

I look back at Kat and she's still lying there. Limp, pale, hardly breathing.

I know I'm running out of time. If I can't think of something fast, she'll be gone.

There's a last part at the bottom of the page that I read aloud.

'Each of these things should be available for your use on Neverland. Kat's powers can be used to a certian extent, but on wounds too deep, her magic needs a boost. But I have faith that your bond as siblings will prevail, and with your smart minds combined you will be able to figure things out together. Have faith in each other.'