Chapter 34: Where is Kat?

PETER'S POV

"A Korrigan. " Felix repeated.

I woke up from the dream in a cold sweat. My hair stuck to my forehead and my covers were on the floor.
I sat up and wiped my face with the back of my hand and let my head rest in my palms.
It had been four days since Kat went missing and there was still no sign of her

A couple of the Boys and I looked around most of the island but she has been no where.
If it weren't for the occasional zap of her magic that I felt, I would've thought she had completely disappeared.

After slowing my heart rate, I got up and strolled outside the tent. It was very early in the morning and only a few rays of sun hit the ground.
The Boys were still asleep.

A million questions buzzed threw my mind after the disturbing dream but the most important one..... where was Kat?

Wherever she was, she'd done a marvelous job at staying hidden.
And I bet everything that she isn't doing it alone.
Someone is helping her.
Someone who knows the island well and who knows how to avoid me.
When I find her, whoever it is is never going to see the light of day again.

A devious smile spread across my lips as I thought of the punishment in store for whoever her helper was. I leaned against a tree and mindlessly used my magic to grow the fire in the pit, and to shrink it again.

In the process of doing so I heard a few branches break.
I snapped my head around to see Deven sneaking out of the tree line and into camp with a grin on his face.
He jumped a little at the sight of me.
"Pan," he mumbled, "I didn't think you'd be up."
"I could say the same for you." I replied as I crossed my arms.

He scratched the back of his head with one hand while shrugging with the other,  "I couldn't sleep so I took a walk down to the river."
"Hm, and is that why you were trying to sneak back into camp?" I asked.
"I didn't want to wake anyone."
"Sure you didn't."
"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked defensively.
"I just don't believe you, that's all." I blankly said.

"What have I done that's made you all of a sudden hate me so much?" He yelled.
I laughed, "I don't know what you're talking about."
"Of course you do! For the last few months you've been on my case about everything!"
"It's because you're just a stupid boy."
"No. It's more than that. I used to look up to you, ya know?"
"Should I be flattered of something? Because you're not doing a very good job." I shot my eyebrow up.

"Whatever" he started walking back to his tent but I flashed in front of him and stopped him.
"Where were you really coming from?"
He flashed me a toothy smile, mimicking my words, "I don't know what you're talking about."
Then he moved around me while bumping into my shoulder.
I spun around, "You do not want to mess with me, Deven. I thought you knew that."
"Oh, I know it. I just don't care."
Then he dove back into his tent.

Frustrated, I flashed myself to the Mermaid Lagoon and sat on the edge of a rock near the water. My feet dangled off the end and I swayed them back and forth, all the while thinking of Kat.

Missing her abilities, her power, her snarky attitude, her hair, her eyes, .... her lips.

"Stop it!" I firmly reminded myself, "You will not fall in love with her."
I rubbed my eyes with my hands and laid down on the rock as the sun continued to rise.
"Not again. Not another."

Truth was, I did love Kat. But also, in truth, I love what she'll be able to do for me in the future. With her power at my side, we'd be undefeatble. Ruling Neverland is not enough. Not when there are an infinite of other realms just begging for new establishment.

"I can almost see the wheels spinning inside your head, Peter Pan."

I was startled out of my daydream by the voice and I jumped forward to look for the source.
To my left Nicoletti was perched on another rock with her arms under her chin, studying me as if I was a meal.

"Leave now, Nicoletti. I'm not in the mood for your annoying input."
"Aw, am I bothering you? Should I leave?" She sarcastically asked.
"I'm serious. Unless you want to be left in the sun to rot, get out of here." I threatened.

"Fine," she rolled her eyes and began to swim away, "I guess you don't want to know where that stupid girl you've been obsessing over is..."

I almost fell forward into the water.
"You know where she is?" I exclaimed.
Nicoletti flashed a toying smile and swam closer to me slowly.
"Yes. The short blonde with purple eyes and a hideous face. I do believe I've seen her recently. Or, heard of where she is."
"If this is a joke, you'll regret it." I pointed my finger in her face.
She swam up to me and held on to my legs as she hoisted herself to my level, her waist just barely leaving the ocean.
"This is no joke, Peter Pan. I know where she is. You're idiotic, little monkey. But really, why do you care about her? Why don't you come for a swim with me one day, hm?" She giggled as she trailed a finger down the side of my face.

I swatted her hand away, "Tell me where she is."
Nicoletti sighed and slide back into the waters, "One of our allies in the forest has reported that she was on the path to Fairy Meadow. Also, one or more of your Lost Boys has been said to be following her. Not sure why, or exactly where, but what more can you expect from whispers through the trees." She laughed again and brushed her hair with her fingers.
"That's it? You've waisted my time with that?" I yelled.
She looked offended,  "It's more than what you knew five minutes ago! Are you thankful for nothing, stupid boy?"

My rage overtook me and I hissed loudly in her face. She shrieked and dove back into the water.

This was all too much. Kat has become yet another burden on my back. She's too stubborn for her own good.
It was in that moment that I decided not only was her helper going to be in trouble, but she too would pay.

Because in the end, all magic comes with a price.

A/N: Peter isn't too happy right now!

That Nicoletti is always causing trouble! Lol

Could you all do me a favor and go check out my other story? It's called 'Again in Neverland'. It's a modern-day retelling of Peter Pan :) If you could please just go read it and if you like it let me know?

Thanks guys ♡♡

5 comments for next Chapter ♡

Please don't forget to hit vote