Chapter 27: Flutter of Light

TINK'S POV:

Kat looked at me dumbfounded.

"A what? A Fairy?" She asked.

"Yes"

"But you're...not a fairy now?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Well," I began, "I'll save you the sad story of my spiral into this dump but, long story short, the Blue Fairy took my wings away because she didn't beileve I was fit to be a fairy."

Her eyes glistened at the name, almost like she recognized it, but it was immediately wiped away.

"Why on earth didn't you tell me this Tinkerbell?" Kat exclaimed as she got up and strolled in front of me.

"I was afraid."

"Afraid of me?"

"No! Heavens no. I was afraid of what you'd think. How you'd react."

"Tink, after all you've done for me, I wouldn't care if you told me you were secretly a garden gnome who picks daisies in the meadow!"

I was confused, "A gnome?"

"Never mind. Point is, I owe you my life, and I'll stick by you through whatever Tink."

She warmed my heart. This one girl whom I've only known for a short time has been kinder to me than anyone else in years.

"Thanks Kat." I smiled.

"No thankyou Tinkerbell! Thankyou for helping me when I was sick. Thankyou for protecting me. Thankyou for giving me a place to go stay. Thankyou for saving my life."

My cheeks were flushing, "Oh stop before it goes to my head."

"You should hear this Tink! You're brave, and courageous, and pretty, and just down right talented! I would have been dead a long time ago if it weren't for you!"

I took her cold hands in mine and embraced her in a hug.

"If only the Blue Fairy could hear you say that. Then maybe she'd give me my wings back."

"Is she the only Fairy who could do it?" she inquired as she pulled away to look at me.

"No, technically any royal Fairy or leader could do it. But, none of them beileve I can be a good enough Fairy to deserve my wings."

Kat let the information sink in for a while before she walked over to the mouth of the cave. She stood like that for a long time. Every now and then she'd reach a hand out and feel the rain, but most of the time she bit her nails in a frustrated manner. I sat back down by the fire and put my hands near it for warmth.

I heard her murmur something.

"You say something Kat?"

She spun around quickly and put her arms at her sides,

"I believe in you Tink."

I felt a soft buzz in my stomach, I couldn't grasp what she was saying so I stuttered, "You- you what?"

"I believe in you Tinkerbell!"

Then she dashed over to my side and yanked me to my feet.

"I believe that you will be a great Fairy once you get your wings! You've helped me, and so many others! There's no reason you shouldn't have them! And any Fairy who says otherwise is mistaken. Because. . . I believe in you! And that has to count for something."

I felt the buzz in my stomach grow stronger. A happy tear slid from my eye and I gladly hugged her again.

The buzzing turned into a full on rumbling and I had to pull away from Kat because I thought my insides were going to burst.

Very subtlety, starting in my toes, a green glow emerged. My toes began to glow, and then it traveled up my legs, over my torso, down my arms, and finally up my face so that I was completely covered in it.

The nonexistent wings on my back started to ache, like they wanted to do nothing more than unfold from a hidden compartment in my shoulders.

Soon I felt weightless, and a comfortable emotion took over my thoughts. I looked over to Kat and realized that I actually was flying! At least ten feet off the ground and at the roof of the cave. I glanced over my shoulder but still no wings.

Kat had a smile on her face that was so big I feared it would snap.

To my disappointment, the floor approached more and more, and pretty soon I was back on the ground. The green died out and soon disappeared completely. My knees collapsed at the sudden gravity and I hit the floor. Kat rushed to my side.

"What- was- that?" I asked, panting.

"That," she replied, "Was me believing you."

A/N: Woooo go Tink!

Shes regaining her powers!

Ah I have so much crazy stuff planned for you guys to read!

Stay tuned my dears ♥

5 comments for next Chapter!

Please don't forget to hit vote ☆