Chapter 29: Lonely

PETER'S POV:

I woke up the next morning feeling worse than any other.

I fell asleep with my still-wet clothes on at some unknown hour of the night.

After Kat disappeared, I couldn't find her. I searched all over but she is gone. And to make matters worse, it rained all  night long.

I rolled over on my bed with a groan and burried my face deep in the pillow.

"Pan?" I heard a voice say.

"What?" I mumbled through the pillow.

"Uh, it's late afternoon. You've been asleep all day."

"Does it look like I bloody care?" I sat up to scowl at whomever it was that disturbed me.

It was Liam.

He was frightened by my sudden outburst and took a step back.

"I-I'm sorry. I just thought I'd let you know."

"Next time, don't come in unless it's something really  important. Got it?"

"Y-yes. Okay."

And then he turned and left the tent.

I groaned again and fell back on the bed. Was it really past morning? I'm always the first one awake.

I rubbed my eyes and finally sat up.

Standing up, I brushed off my wrinkled clothes. Still damp.

With a wave of my hand, they dried. Looking brand new.

I strode over to the small mirror on my trunk and glanced at myself. A smile grew on my face at the sight of my new attire, but it quickly faded. What good is a new wardrobe with no one to impress?

Kat is gone. And I need to find her before anything happens.

She can never leave the island, due to the dreamshade. Plus I would know. But I'm still worried.

No, should hasn't left. But she must be in hiding. Because otherwise I would have been able to find her. She knows her way around Neverland well enough, perhaps she found a cave or a large tree to spend the night in.

I grabbed a dagger from the trunk and shoved it into my belt.

Then I walked out into the camp.

The sudden rays of sunlight blinded me at first and I had to shield my eyes. It was only then that I saw every Boy in camp stop what they were doing and look at me.

I stood a little taller and crossed my arms,

"What are you all gawking at? I know my presence is a gift to you all but that is no reason to stop doing your duties. Get back to work before I feed you to the mermaids."

At that they all fumbled to continue doing their assigned tasks.

I sat down on a log near the fire and picked up some breakfast.... well I guess it's now lunch.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Deven approach me.

"Uh, Pan?"

"What?" I asked viciously.

"Have you seen Kat anywhere?"

I did my best not to seen alarmed,

"Whatever do you mean?"

"She isn't in her tent, and she hasn't come for breakfast, and we can't find her. We was just wondering if you knew where she was?"

His tone made me angry.