스물 넷

170705
08:44

I woke up to the continuous sound on my phone notifications; so many people were wishing me a happy birthday.

I scrolled through my phone, replying to each message I received.
There was one from Mina .. Jasmine .. each of the Bangtan Boys, but not Yoongi.

It seemed odd to me that he wouldn't text "happy birthday"; but I stayed hopeful, maybe he'd call.

I rolled out of bed and headed downstairs; only to see that of course, my mother wasn't there. There was a cupcake on the kitchen counter with a candle on top & a note beside it.

"Happy birthday, [Y/N/N] ! I'm sorry again that I'm not here, you know how work is. I'll make it up to you later when I come home. Love you ! Make a wish on your birthday cupcake !"

I felt as if I knew that line too well; "you know how work is". 'Hell yeah I know.' I thought, disappointed.
I then lit the candle and made my wish.

19:38

I still haven't received anything from Yoongi. Even if it wasn't my birthday, he would've called or texted by now.

I began getting disappointed; how could my own boyfriend forget my birthday ?

My phone then suddenly began to ring; I rushed to it excitedly, hoping it was Yoongi.
I turned over my phone and read the called ID, unfortunately it wasn't him; it was Jazmine.

"Hey boo !" She said happily.

"Hey"

"Get dressed, we're going out; just you, me, and Mina."

"Why ? Where are we going ?"

"It's your birthday ! We gotta have fun ! We're going drinking !"
"Why not" I thought to myself. I haven't done anything fun all day, might as well take this opportunity.

"Okay, I'll get ready." I replied.

"Yaaay !! Okay, we'll be picking you up in an hour, See you later" She said, hanging up the phone.

As soon as she hung up, I received another phone call. I looked at the screen as "윤기 오빠~ ♡" appeared on it, and rushed to answer.

"Hi Oppa !" I said excitedly.

"Hey babygirl, sorry I didn't talk to you all day; I was busy working on another song. I got too focussed on my work and then I fell asleep half-way through the day."

"Oh it's okay."

"Alright, I have to go now baby; sorry. I'm supposed to help Rapmon move his things into a storage unit. Bye ! I love you !" He said, hanging up the phone.
I stared at the screen as it turned black after he hung up. Did he really just forget my birthday ?

I continued to get ready for my night out with the girls, having fun tonight will keep my mind off Yoongi. I'll just get mad at him tomorrow for not remembering, today is supposed to be a good day.

I slipped on a pair of black high-heeled booties and adjusted my tight black dress which hugged my curves perfectly. I then ruffled my hair one last time and applied a layer of my favourite red lipstick. Perfect.

Mina texted that she was outside waiting for me, so I grabbed my clutch and headed out the door.

"Heey !! Happy birthday !" They said, hugging me as I got into the car.

"Thank you !" I said, giggling.

"We have a surprise for you actually .." Jazmine said from the driver's seat.