the hardest thing ever

lucy pov

I woke up the next morning, I hardly slept at all . James had got in to bed with me last night. I got up showered and got ready for work. 

"where you going? asked james just as I was putting my shoes on.

"I have a job, at a bar just by the beach" I said

"you dont need a job come on tell them today that you quit" he said as he squeezed my hand

I nodded. I walked out the door and towards icebergs. thoughts were running through my head this was my chance I could run to Jesse tell him everything. , I couldn't, I couldn't put Jesse through that. I walked quickly walked to work. me and lizzy had a right laugh, I loved this job but I knew it wasnt going to last. i was wiping some tables down it was quiet. the day was quite dull. just then I saw Jesse walk through the door he came straight over to me.

"hey Lucy"

I held my head down and nodded I took a deep breath and looked up at him. his eyes were gorgeous , he was gorgeous.

"Jesse I am sorry about last night, I can't see you anymore" I said as I could feel my hands shaking

"I dont understand have I said something or done something wrong? Jesse asked looking worried

"no..no..look James my ex hes here and wants to start over I'm sorrry.." I tried to hold back the tears I could see the hurt in his eyes it was killing me.

"are you all right. Lucy? he put his hand on my arm, I flinched and took a step back.

"whats that on your neck? has someone hurt you? Jesse asked sounding concerned I put my hand on my neck.

"I'm fine Jesse please I have to work, I'm sorry

I walked away with tears pricking my eyes.

jesse pov

Lucy walked away from me I was left standing there I could feel tears in my eyes and I walked away, back to the tower .I was upset by what she had told me but angry to I thought we had something. I stormed in the tower, I rumaged around in my bag.

"hey mate you all right?asked maxi

"Lucy told me she dont want to see me anymore apprently her ex is here wants to make another go"

"ah mate I'm sorry" said Maxi patting his hand on my back.

"somethings not right maxi she seemed so unhappy, and I noticed something, something on her neck"

"what do you mean? asked Maxi

"it looked like a strangle mark" I said

maxi loooked shocked.

I took a sip of my water and walked back  over to the front of the tower as I was on tower duty this afternoon.

maxi pov

"it looked like a strangle mark" said Jesse

I was shocked, jesse walked away. I hope he was wrong Lucy is such a lovely girl. I took out my phone and sent a text to Lucy

hey Lucy you ok? Jesse told me hes pretty hung up about it. I am always here if you need to talk xx

lucy pov

my phone went off in my pocket I read the message from maxi he was such a lovely guy. a tear fell from my eye. I quickly wiped it away, as my boss came over to me.

"I'm sorry I am not going to be able to do this job anymore you have all been brilliant I'm sorry. " I ran out the bar as tears were falling down my cheeks this day just can't get any worse I felt like my life was over.

there will be some happy moments coming up but hope your all enjoying it x