hope

the next day,
jesse pov

I was on the early shift this morning I walked in to the tower at 6 deano whippet harrison and maxi were sitting in the tower all ready. deano pulled the blinds up.

"looks like a bit of a gloomy day today" said deano

"looks like a someones had a heavy night"pointed whippet to someone asleep on the sand.

"jesse you and maxi head down there check there ok" said deano

me and maxi jumped in to the rino and headed down the beach. I jumped out the rino as maxi stayed sitting

"hey you all right? I said loudly as I looked closer and turned the girl over I just saw blood.

"maxi get an ambo now shes bleeding there is blood everywhere"

as I looked closer I recognised that face, only just.

"lucy oh my god , maxi its lucy"i shouted

maxi jumped from the rino

lucys eyes flickered and tried to say something.

"shhh its ok its jesse your safe now an ambulance is on its way" I said cradling her. i brushed her hair from her face she had a black eye with blood on her face.

"pass me a towel"i said to maxi

maxi chucked one to me, I wiped her face she let out a small moan.

"its ok sweetheart" I kissed the top of her head gently. I took off my lifeguard jacket placing it over her. holding her so close I just didnt want to let her go. I felt like I just wanted to protect her.

"shes going to be ok isnt she" I said tears pricking my eyes

'of course she is jesse were all here for her"

"she coukd of been here all night"

within minutes an ambulance arrived putting her on a stretcher, I kissed her hand as they took her away to hospital. we walked back in to the tower.  I splashed my face with water. I can't believe the state of lucy I bet that so called boyfriend did this to her. I really dont know how I am going to get through today.

" you all right mate? said deano behind me

"yeh" I wiped my face with a towel I went to walk away but deano stopped me.

" go and see her, go and see if shes ok"

"Thank you deano that means a lot"

I grabbed my things and headed straight for the hospital.