The city never sleeps

Later next day, Sophia returned from W. She didn't do anything really. She just talked to her boss, Jennifer. That woman was a fashion genius.

 Sophia got a job to write on W's fashion blog. God she was so excited.

 So far, New York is great. It's just... She haven't met anyone her age. At W, she met a girl but she was rude, so Sophia decided to back off. Then there was Chris, but she wasn't sure were they friends.

Suddenly, she heard a knock on the door that woke her from her thoughts. She walked over to the door and opened them. There stood Chris and his rude friend from earlier.

"Um... Hi?" She said confused. "Come in." She said once she noticed that the rude boy is looking at her with a weird look. Chris smiled at her walking in the apartment.

"Um I am sorry I'm just surprised that you came. Anything to drink?" She said opening the cupboard where she kept the alcohol.

"No thanks. We just... There's a party. Would you like to come?" She couldn't believe it. Was she asked on a date?

"As your date? Chris, I..."She started surprised. She saw him like, once. And he was playing a doorman.

"Wow, Sophia. I have a date. Can you come with him?" Chris blurted out motioning to his friend who was sitting on the couch. Sophia stayed cool not showing her surprise.

"Chris, I do not do charity." She said remembering events from the day before.

"I apologize for that." The boy said standing up. Sophia sight. She is not going to make friends if she acts like a child.

"I don't even know your name." She said. 

"Mark Dallas." He said. Sophia looked at him. Mistery boy finally had a name.

"Pick me up at eight." She said as they left. She suddenly remembered something.

"Hey Mark. What kind of party is it?" She said and he turned around.

"Eighteenth birthday party." He said and left.

Just before the party:

Sophia looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a black shirt with no sleeves and a pink tight mini skirt. She matched it with black pumps and a black clutch. She looked hot. Her hair was naturally lose on her shoulder. She had her makeup on, an eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara and lip stick. She was ready to leave.

She head over the door. Just when she was about to open them and walk out, the knock was heard. That must be Mark. She was still worried about him. But she was sure that the party will go well. It didn't worry her that she was going to go to a birthday party of someone that she doesn't know. She opened the door. 

"You ready?" Mark said. She turned on her heels showing him her outfit.

"You'll look better than the birthday girl," He started. Sophia smiled.

"And she's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen." He was an ass, but he gave nice compliments.

"We should go. My limo is waiting." He said. She nodded. His limo? Well, she has never drived to the party in a limo. There's first time for everything. 

They left the apartment. While they were walking through the hotel, she noticed that all the employees were very polite to him. Like very, very polite. Like kissing his ass polite. She wanted to say something about it.

"You live here for a long time? I noticed that everyone knows you." She said. He smirked.

"What?" She asked spotting that he had smirk on his face.

"I own the place." He said. They entered the limo and sat on it's leather seats. She widened her eyes. 

They all wear that expression when they find out I own the Elite, Mark thought.

He is a teenage multimillionaire, she thought. 

"So..." She said.

"We are here." His driver said. They exited the car. Pardon, the limo. Sophia noticed there was a red carpet. 

"There's a red carpet." She whispered to his ear making sure that paparazzi didn't hear her. Yes you read good. Paparazzi were there.

"Of course. It is Sabrina White's eighteenth birthday." He said.

"Who?" She whispered. She assumed that this Sabrina was rich and famous, you know, with the red carped of course.

"Wow you are really a newbie." He said smiling at the camera. She did the same.

They took a few pictures and then walked in to the Palace hotel. 

There were teenagers dancing all around them.

"Mark! Hey!" A beautiful blonde girl walked by.

"Sabrina. Happy birthday." He greeted kissing her cheek. She smiled. So that is Sabrina White. Mark was right, Sabrina was beautiful.

"Oh, you brought a date. I'm Sabrina." She introduced turning to Sophia.

"Sophia. Happy Birthday." Sophia smiled.

"Take a drink. Dance. Have fun. It is my birthday!" She yelled and the crowd cheered.

Sophia and Mark went to dance.

4 hours later:     

"I am tired of all the dancing." Sophia whined. Mark laughed. She playfully punch him in the shoulder. The two have bonded at the party.

"Have you seen Chris?"A girl asked Mark and Sophia recognize her from W. She was the mean girl.

"Why? You lost your boyfriend. Poor Kira." She huffed at him leaving.

Sophia and Mark went to have drinks. They stay at the party until 3 am.

I guess that the city never sleeps.