Day after sucks

"Do you know how hard is to think to work with a hangover?"Mark whispered.

He was lying on the king sized bed in his bedroom that had tattered sheets. Sophia was standing next to the messy bed and getting ready to leave for W. 

When she heard him say that, she turned around to face him and gave him a look that said "Yeah. Now I do." and he stood up and grabbed her by her waist from behind looking at themselves at the mirror.

"You had fun last night. And I think you should not go to W today." He said leaning his head on her shoulder.

"Mark. It is work."She mumbled trying to let herself lose from his grip. And failed.

"If you are so worried about W, let me buy it for you. You shouldn't worry as much. You will get wrinkles." He smiled.

"Now that is just, stupid."She replied and started to comb her hair.

"Really? Because there is one over there."

Wrinkles. Women's worst nightmare. 

Sophia widened her eyes and jammed her face into the mirror. 

"Where is it?!"She panicked.

Mark burst out laughing. Once she figured out she was being messed around, she groaned and walked out of the room. She was late.

"You forgot your pants." Mark murmured to himself once he spotted Sophia's jeans on the bed. She is going to figure it out. Or the whole city will laugh at her for the rest of her life.

"3...2...1..."He counted down and Sophia entered the room. She smiled at him and picked her jeans up.

"Let me guess. You felt cold?" He said looking at her as she put the jeans.

"Maybe."

******

"God my head hurts. But the party was amazing, Kira."

Sophia and Kira were walking to W. Kira had her folder in hands. She was wearing a baby pink dress and white heels. She looked like she was going on a date with her boyfriend, which she did not have.

"Are you going out with Chris after work?" 

But she never got her answer. Kira ignoring  her could mean one thing. 

They did not work it out.

"Look at this. Tomorrow is the Pink Universe Party. Everyone is going to be there. Sabrina said she could get us tickets. We should totally cover it." Kira said opening her folder and pointing her finger to the date written on the pink paper.

"I am so sorry, Kira." Sophia said.

"I am over it." The girl replied looking at her feet while she was walking.

"Are you?" Kira was hiding her feelings. Sophia used to do that all the time. Good thing that Sophia knows how to read people.

"I am, okay?!" Kira said hailing a cab.

That is exactly what she would say if she wasn't over him... Sophia thought while she watched her friend leave.

******

Some time after that, Sophia arrived at W. It was a building full of men and women trying their best to impress Jennifer. 

She was like Meryl Streep in "Devil wears Prada". The Goddess of Fashion. The most important person in the business. If you want to succeed, you need to impress Jennifer. 

So, people were not really relaxed around here. Everything felt like a competition. Everyone were competition. 

Eat or get eaten. Sophia would sometimes compare W to Wild West. 

You did not have friend here, or a sister. Everyone was working for themselves. Writing for survival. 

When Sophia came in, Jennifer was already in her office. As her assistant, Sophia was always around her so she went straight to Jennifer's office.

"Hello." Sophia greeted as she sat her bag on the desk she used. Jennifer was looking trough some lists of ideas. 

"Sophia you are here. Thank God. Don't you ever leave me with those amateurs again."

Drama queen twelve o'clock. Sophia thought and flashed a smile.

"Pinky promise."