Home, Sweet Home

Florida. What a beautiful place.

Even more beautiful after leaving for few months. Even more exciting when you are hiding a criminal.

"Welcome to Florida." Sophia mumbled. She parked the car Mark bought once they entered the country. It looked expensive.

Then again, so did everything that  Mark touched.

They were standing in front of the two-storey house with beautiful yard.

"So... What now?" He asked looking around.

"The house is empty. My parents are in Miami, and Ethan is probably with Alexander or James. And I do not have a key." She groaned.

"Wait. This is your house?"

She massaged her forehead as he asked her that.

"Duh."

Further from where they were standing,  the two boys were approaching. They were laughing like idiots. They were supposed to be on the beach but Alex drank all of the beer while they were swimming. So now they were heading towards the Black mansion to get more drinks.

Ethan and James.

James suddenly punched Ethan on the shoulder.

"Dude. When did you buy a fucking lamborghini?" He asked.

"I don't have enough money to buy one, you moron." Ethan shoot back. When did James' humor became this crappy?

"I am not messing with you, bro. Look. There's a lamborghini in front of your house." He said pointing with his finger.

"It is not mine." He said running towards he house.

Sophia was leaning on the car figuring out to to get inside.

"Yo! You lost? You missed the turn for Miami." Ethan asked thinking why would someone obviously rich come to this little town.

Sophia was ready to hiss at her neighbors for being so curious. But she stood in silence. She obviously did not reorganize her brother's voice.

"Ethan, maybe they are deaf." James said.

As she heard James say that, Sophia ran to the two boys. 

Trust me I have no idea how she moved around in those pumps.

She wrapped her arms around her brother's neck.

"Soph. You're home." He said and she could sense surprise in his voice.

Mark just stood there in silence, being weird. James noticed him.

"Who's your friend, Black?" He said glaring at Mark. James is jealous.

Mark opened his mouth to speak, but Sophia cut him off.

You do not want to step on James toes, he'll crush you, she thought and remembered that Mark couldn't hear her.

"He's my boyfriend." She explained.

What? Hey, don't judge! She wasn't going to tell her brother that her ex is criminal and that she wants to hide him in their house.

"Let's just get inside."