No more

Kira felt herself drift in sleep. She groaned and opened her eyes.

Ugh. Hospital. This place has a smell of death. As the word death slipped her mind, she remembered why she was here.

Sophia.

She walked towards the room her friend was lying in. She slowly opened the door, and peeked inside.

She saw Sophia lying on the hospital bed. The machine next to the bed was beeping.

Kira wasn't much bright when it came to medicine but she knew that the sound showed that Sophia was alive.

She was alive.

As Kira realized that, she stumbled out of the room to find others still asleep.

Ugh. 

"Come on babe, wake up!" She ran to Chris first. 

"Kira that dress looks great on you. Now let me sleep." He murmured in sleep.

"No! Guys wake up!" She yelled shaking Sabrina.

"What?!" She said waking up.

"She is alive! Sophia's fine!" She explained and the two teenagers hugged each other and giggled.

Mark stood up as soon as he heard that.

His face lit up and he walked to Sophia's bed. Her face was pale as the sheets of the hospital bed.
He noticed she drifted in sleep and her eyes flutter open.

"Mark... You are still here? Listen..." She started but she got cut of by her boyfriend.

"Don't say anything. It is my turn to talk." 

 "Sophia I love you." He said softly.

 "But I have a bad habit of ruining everything that comes into my arms. That is why I lied a few days ago." He admitted.

"Of course I'm happy. I've never been more happier in my life."

"My father and I don't talk much. That is why he didn't know. Plus, he acts like we live in middle ages sometimes." He finished taking her hands into his.

"That is all nice, but I almost died because I love you. And I am not going to die for you anymore. I think we should take a break."

"I still love you Mark. But you need to grow up." She said once she saw a few tears streaming down his face. He slowly  left the room.

Once she saw the door close, she broke into tears.

In the morning:

"You ready to go?" Chris asked sitting on a hospital bed.

"Thanks for waiting, Chris. Let's go." She said taking her bag.

The two left the building.

Sophia ran towards the street to hail a cab.

Chris grabbed her hand and turned her around.

"The car is over there." He said motioning to his car.

"Chris... I don't think that is right thing to do. I just broke up with Mark, and you and Kira..."

"Sophia. It's a car. It's not like we are sharing a bed." 

"Right. Yeah... Let's go." 

Awkward situation alert, Sophia thought.

She would maybe like Chris, but not after Mark.

Mark had something. Something special. She knew she wouldn't find that again. But she had to take a break. No more pain. Just for a while.