Hearts

The group was sitting on at the table dining. 

Mark was sitting too close to Sophia's dad. It made Sophia's body shiver. 

What if Sophia's father suddenly decided that Mark was not good enough for his baby girl? What if, at the moment, Jacob was making up the best way to kill Mark?

Sophia's mother, Sarah, also noticed the death glares Jacob was sending to Mark. She slowly set the cutlery on her plate. Her dinner was nearly touched, so everyone around her gave her curious looks.

"Why aren't you eating?" Jacob said.

Sarah sat in silence. She just gave him an annoyed look. The two suddenly stood up and walked away from the table.

 Sophia stood up and followed, but Mark gently grabbed her shoulder. Sophia looked at him.

"Mark?" 

"Give them a moment." He said and she nodded. She sat back in her seat massaging her temples.

Who said this was going to be easy? These are her parents, for the love of God. They make everyone's lives more complicated.

"I can't take anymore of those glares, Jacob."Mark and Sophia heard Sarah say. 

Who knew Sarah was going to approve Mark?

"She is happy, Jacob. Get over it." Her mother hissed. She was losing it.

Sophia expected her father to say something, but surprisingly, he did not.

"Mark has done nothing but be nice to you, but you keep hating him for God knows why. You know what? I am going home. Goodbye, Jacob." Sarah said walking back to the table. She kissed Sophia cheek and walked to Mark.

"It was pleasure meeting you, Mark." She said smiling. Sophia looked at her like she was crazy.

Two days ago, her mother was angry with her that she has a boyfriend in such a young age and now she was happy? Now that is a mind fuck.

"Pleasure is all mine, Mrs. Black."

Few moments later, Sophia found herself standing in front of the apartment door saying goodbye to her mother. Sarah was holding a plane ticket Sophia booked for her in her hand and her bag in the other. She waved one last time, and disappeared in the hallway.

Sophia felt a tear slip from her cheek. She did not realize how much she actually missed her mother until she saw her leave. She felt a pair of arms around her torso, and she tugged her face into his Armani shirt.

Hey. All the troublemakers have hearts.