Parent Is A Buzz Kill

"Hey there..." Mark murmured once Sophia landed in his lap. Sophia giggled. 

"So... I was thinking... How would you like to attend a private Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, Mr. Dallas?" She said trying to hold back the laughter.

"Um...Let me think... Can my girlfriend come with me?" He joked.

"No. Sorry, but she is Victoria's Angel, She will be on stage, in her underwear." 

"Now I am definitely coming." He smirked taking Sophia back to the bedroom in his  arms.

You can imagine what happened next. Wink,wink.

************

"So, your sister came back home with a boyfriend?" The stern voice asked for tenth time. Ethan rolled his eyes to the screen.

"Yes, dad. Yes, she did.Now can I please watch basketball?" Ethan groaned and his father who was standing by the room door.

"Sarah. Hand me the phone. I have some parenting to do." The man said and his wife handed him the phone.

************

Mark groaned to the sound of the phone. 

Always ruins the moment. He thought kissing Sophia's neck hoping that she will ignore the phone call. But the girl did the opposite. She smiled at him over her shoulder, and leaned forward taking the phone from the nightstand.

Without bothering to look at the caller's ID, she pressed the accept call button and giggled at the phone when Mark ran his finger  on her neck making her shiver.

"Hallo!" She said between giggles.

"Sophia." The voice said and Sophia froze. She pushed Mark's face from her neck with her hand and stood up.

"Father." She said looking at Mark who returned the curious look.

"I heard you came back home."

Shit, Ethan, Sophia thought. Her brother and his big mouth.

"Yeah... I had a break  at W... I was really sad when I remembered you and mom left to visit aunt Ella." She lied.

"Ethan told me that you were not alone." On the other side of the phone, Jacob was sitting on the kitchen table with his wife by his side listening to the conversation.

To hell with it,  Sophia thought. She was not going to lie to her father.

"Yeah. I brought my boyfriend home with me." She said coldly.

"Yeah. I knew that. Why I did not know about that boy?" He asked.

"Dad. I thought it did not matter. And I am not planing to talk about that with you." She said fixing her outfit.

"You should. I am your father."

"Dad. Can I go now? I am in the middle of something."

"No Sophia, we are discussing this." He yelled to the phone.

"Say hi to mom and Ethan." She said ending the call.

She sat her phone on the nightstand and jumped on the bed next  to Mark. She slowly turned around to face her boyfriend. Once she saw surprise written all over Mark's face she groaned. 

"Why does he care? Away from the eye, away from the heart..." Mark trailed off.

"That counts with your father. With rich people. It doesn't count in Florida." She said.

"Sophia. He is in another country." Mark murmured. 

"He is still my father."

"What about my father? He is never home. He is my father only when he is home. Which is rare. He does not care about my relationships." He explained.

"Forget that this call ever happened. My parents won't interfere anymore." She murmured kissing him.

He nodded his head kissing her back.