The summer makes emotions come back

"Just play along, Mark." A voice hissed. 

"Yeah, you wish." He snorted.

Sophia rolled her eyes. She felt rage built up inside her getting ready to explode like a vulcano.

"Do I have to remind you why are we here?" She yelled.

"I stopped."

"Stopped what?" She said confused. They were standing outside the house. She sat on the porch swing, massaging her temples.

She loved him, but he made her life more complicated than anyone.

"Selling. I stopped selling drugs 6 months ago."

She sat in shock. Why would the cops want him now? How the hell did they found out? 

"I stopped once I met you."

"Enough of this crap. I am sick of this." She murmured walking inside.

******

The sea looked amazing at sunset. It looked like a mirror that reflected the sun. Sophia loved coming to the beach because of that. She enjoyed how sand felt on her touch.

 She was sitting on the sand observing Mark from afar. He was surfing with Ethan. He looked amazing. Sophia even started drooling. That's how good he looked.  

 She had her black swimsuit on, but she wasn't in mood for swimming. She saw a silhouette running towards her. 

"S!!! You bitch!" The silhouette screamed. Sophia still had no freaking idea who that was. 

As the girl approached Sophia noticed it was Scarlett.

"Why do I find out last that you are home?" She said sitting next to Sophia.

"And from my boyfriend. Not you. You two being related does not count." The girl continued to babble.

Sophia tried to shut Scarlett out. She loved to be friends with her, but her head was hurting from the murmur that escaped her mouth. But one sentence got stuck in Sophia's mind.

Scarlett's boyfriend was related to her. 

"What?!" She tried to stop the girl from talking.

"I said that I bought the exact same boots like yours. We are going to be twins!"

"Ethan is your boyfriend?" Sophia said.

"Oh. Well, yeah. You missed a lot S. But now that you are home... We are going to be BFF's again!"

"I am not back for good." Sophia said walking away and leaving Scarlett who finally silenced.

Mark approached Sophia as she left the beach.

"You still mad?" He said. He was still holding his surf board.

"Actually...No. I was just worried. If I was angry at you, I would have left you at the party that day."

"But you didn't. Why?"

She turned around to face him.

"I love you. It would be like leaving a part of myself behind."

The two looked at each other. Sophia felt her get lost in his bright blue eyes all over again. 

Suddenly the kiss cought her off gard and all the emotions came floating back.